Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
For his stellar GMAT performance. I am usurping part credit for his announcement by bringing this up here before he does. What an RSP coup! For those consumed by a need to rank each other numerically, he obtained a mere 770 points, but because he's been away from the base subject matter for so long, we won't give him any grief about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
For his stellar GMAT performance. I am usurping part credit for his announcement by bringing this up here before he does. What an RSP coup! For those consumed by a need to rank each other numerically, he obtained a mere 770 points, but because he's been away from the base subject matter for so long, we won't give him any grief about it.

Great, you scooped him on his own thing, now he has to have you killed. Like he didn't have enough to do already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, totally cold, right? Maybe now he'll stop mercilessly destroying me at every game of In the Year of the Dragon. That's how it works, right? Annoy people and they stop pummeling you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not smart enough to figure out a way to lose to you at YotD. That's for people who score 800.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark F
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I'm not smart enough to figure out a way to lose to you at YotD. That's for people who score 800.

GMAT? Is it kinda like SAT for management degrees?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty much exactly like that. Go to any of the standardized test preparation web sites that offer courses for the GMAT, and take a practice exam. See if you can outdo Chad!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Super, great, lovely. Some day I will figure out the obvious path to victory in that game, and then I will utilize it. Until then, the non-obvious path is to skip games with you, Lynette, and pretty much anybody else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Super, great, lovely. Some day I will figure out the obvious path to victory in that game, and then I will utilize it. Until then, the non-obvious path is to skip games with you, Lynette, and pretty much anybody else.

Bwaaahaaahaa.... you can never get away from us. We have you addicted.

(Or at least I hope we do)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it can't possibly fun for you to play against somebody who NEVER improves, never gets it, and never provides even the slightest challenge. In theory I understand what is required to do well, and it seems to involve not killing off your populace--but I just find it so GRATIFYING to kill them all off.... What a quandary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Someone needs to teach me to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, set yourself up an account at Mabiweb.com if you don't have one, and let me know when you want to play. It's a really simple game, with respect to turn procedures and mechanisms. Apparently if you play against me or whomever BJ played against, the wins are easy too. I tend to think the game is harder than it actually is, and I'm always trying to do something clever that NEVER EVER works, and it turns out that there's only one clever thing you can do on any given turn. Annoying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for some ItYotD.

Chad, why did you take the GMAT recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

ItYotD @ Mabiweb. Meerkat and Friends - 15 - password "hugs"

first other 4 people to join are in. I will make game 16 with the same password if it fills up before Cranky and Chad get in on it.

I have to have my regular 4-some going as well as any new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, if we swap out Chad for Jarred, I will probably only lose to....no, I'll still come in last. Damn it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

Chad, why did you take the GMAT recently?

I started this thread, so technically it's my job to keep usurping Chad's authority to tell his own stories. He's going to be Dr. Chad pretty damned soon, but this required proof that he can still quantify two slightly different triangles in masterful fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

first other 4 people to join are in. I will make game 16 with the same password if it fills up before Cranky and Chad get in on it.

Hmm, it's your turn in game 14. I personally won't complain if you never take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

I've joined the game. Now you're all doomed. As Cranky can attest, I am unstoppable at asynchronous China-themed games.

Or maybe I'm the one who's doomed. Hard to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

Hmm, it's your turn in game 14. I personally won't complain if you never take it.

Hummm it didn't log I guess. Fixed it now.
kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

Wooot!!!! Grats!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark F
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How is the gmat considered relatively to the SAT? Or is it just "different"? Is the score calculated the same way, bell curve and all? I got 713 at the Israeli psychometric university entrance exam and was really proud of myself, got into chemistry but you need about 770 as well to get into medicine or the such

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The SAT, the GMAT, the LSAT, the GRE general test--they're all pretty much the same damn test, and the company that issues them has a hat with some colored sticks in it, and they consult a tiny little well-worn notepad to recognize the patterns that said sticks form on the floor when the tester inverts the hat and subsequently puts it on his head. They cross-reference the pattern with the number of times it has occurred since the beginning of time, and then using the test subject's age as a secret factor, they derive individual scores. Because Chad is so much older than most of their usual supplicants, it worked in his favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

I've joined the game. Now you're all doomed. As Cranky can attest, I am unstoppable at asynchronous China-themed games.

I'm in! I also saw your teaching game for me, Cranky, but as you never gave me the password I couldn't get in. I tried "dicks" and "balls" and "Trippcock" and none of them worked, so I have no idea what you might have chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
The SAT, the GMAT, the LSAT, the GRE general test--they're all pretty much the same damn test…

Bah! You are clearly no connoisseur of standardized tests. The LSAT is fun, like a book of moderately stultifying puzzles. The SAT and GRE have no character, so whatever. But the GMAT--the GMAT will sap your will to live by requiring knowledge of petty content, like parabolic formulas and idiom errors. Conversely, any test administered electronically is ten times more awesome than it is on paper.

Seriously--when I trained to teach GMAT, I learned that, "Not only X, but Y" is wrong and will cost you points. You have to say, "Not only X, but ALSO Y". "Different than" is no good--must be "different from".

Dicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

I'm in! I also saw your teaching game for me, Cranky, but as you never gave me the password I couldn't get in. I tried "dicks" and "balls" and "Trippcock" and none of them worked, so I have no idea what you might have chosen.

Actually the password is N00B, and I was waiting for you to contact me to tell me you were ready. Let's go play that one--a 2er might take all of 10 minutes to get through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'm in for some ItYotD.

Actually the password is N00B, and I was waiting for you to contact me to tell me you were ready. Let's go play that one--a 2er might take all of 10 minutes to get through.

November 28, 2012

The solitude grows more oppressive over time. At first I would feel a sense of elation every time my cursor hovered over the pointed semi-circle to refresh the page, joyous in the shared experience of gaming with my friend Josh. Thrust and parry, the meeting of minds strange and yet oddly similar cutting through the bleakness of this burdensome existence. Oh, how happy we were! If only I'd known then what fell tidings awaited.

At first it was merely a delay, an inconvenience. One refresh, maybe two, and it would be my turn again. Though I lamented it then, what I should give now to return to those halcyon days of waiting a minute or two betwixt phases. As time went on, Josh grew more and more distant. He spoke idly of "playing with his quozl" on his own. Before long, it would be hours between turns. Then days. As the days became weeks, then months, then years, I would sometimes wonder why he chooses to torture me so. "Ten minutes," he boasts. "A game will take ten minutes." Oh, you prince of lies! And yet he gives hope, the faintest glimmer every time he reemerges to take his turn. As if he knows my pain, my torment, every time I resolve my spirit to giving up, to clicking that foul X in the uppermost corner, he returns to take just one more turn. Vile bastard that he is, I cannot, will not give up hope. Alas! I grow weary. I can write no more. But perhaps if I try to refresh just one more time…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.