Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it is strange to post a variant for a game I don't own, but I just like the setting...
Anyway, the current rules say that combat is completely non-mandatory, and easily avoidable (read "almost useless"). Well, that's not the Infinite Space we know, is it?

Proposed variant: If a player declines combat, he has to retreat to any (or nearest) explored system, possibly unoccupied. A "retreated" counter is placed near his flagship. This counter is removed as soon as the owner of the flagship gets his turn. The removal of "reatreated" token is his one and only action in that turn!
Flagships with "retreated" token can't refuse a combat.

Of course, this assumes that once you accept a combat you have to field at least one ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be able to retreat again, if you have already retreated once (and have that counter)? Say, in a 4-player game another enemy fleet arrives at the system where you retreated to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Say, in a 4-player game another enemy fleet arrives at the system where you retreated to?
Well, then you'd better put up a good fight, or your career as an adventurer in Infinite Space is at an end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You still do not own that game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.