Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex williams
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During my game sessions, some people tend to hate the scoring part because it takes long and they have to use multiplication; whatever, that's fine.

I'm I the only one that deals with this?... Anyone? Anyone out there?...

I was wondering if anyone knows an easier or faster way to score (besides adding everything up at the end) googoogoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with the variant suggested in the rulebook, score each row or column as soon as it is completed. It is muuuuuch easier, and it helps to see who is leading. The only thing to consider is if the magician is placed beside a castle that has already scored row or column, but in that case we add/subtract the points that would have come from the extra tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex williams
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesss.... Interesting. I shall try this... googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akumabro wrote:
During my game sessions, some people tend to hate the scoring part because it takes long and they have to use multiplication; whatever, that's fine.

I'm I the only one that deals with this?... Anyone? Anyone out there?...

I was wondering if anyone knows an easier or faster way to score (besides adding everything up at the end) googoogoo

1) whenever you have a special effect, mark it. so if there's a dragon, flip all affected positive tiles upside down. castles next to the magician get a coin. tiles modified by the mine get a coin. this way you don't forget about them while actually scoring the game, and it makes planning slightly easier mid-game.
2) score each row separately. apply the resulting values to castles on that row. (so if the total for the row is +3, each castle-turret on that row gets 3 bucks, and you don't have to recalculate the value again for each castle)
3) score each column separately. apply the resulting values to castles on that column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Freitas
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infomage27 wrote:
if there's a dragon, flip all affected positive tiles upside down.

You are aware that the dragon only cancels the positive tiles in his row and column when his row and column scores are being calculated, right? It's different from the mage that permanently affects the castles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.