Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

1969» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just how does buying intelligence cards work, regarding the hand limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
"You may never have more than six cards in your hand. If your hand is full you may discard one or more cards before buying more cards."

Does this mean that you may continue to buy cards repeatedly in any one turn, provided you can afford it, if you keep discarding before you buy? This interpretation seems quite reasonable, but I'd just like clarification from the designer, if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Auctioning (Almost) All The Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
The rules state:
"You may never have more than six cards in your hand. If your hand is full you may discard one or more cards before buying more cards."

Does this mean that you may continue to buy cards repeatedly in any one turn, provided you can afford it, if you keep discarding before you buy? This interpretation seems quite reasonable, but I'd just like clarification from the designer, if possible.

Also: Does this apply to the cards that you may get during the income phase? I.e., if I've got 3 scientists in the cards research box, and already 5 cards in hand, can I pick one, discard one before picking the 2nd one, discard another one before picking the 3rd one?

(In the game I played, we went for yes&yes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are both correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.