Kevin Ramirez
msg tools
If i use sneak attack on the planning phase with kili or fili can i trigger their responses to bring the other dwarf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

There is a distinction between playing a card from your hand, and using a card effect to "put into play" a card.

F.A.Q. wrote:

(1.16) The phrase “put into play”
If a card effect uses the phrase “put into play,” it means that the card enters play through a card effect instead of through the normal process of paying resources and playing the card from hand. “Put into play” effects are not considered to be playing the card, and will not trigger any effects that refer to a card being played. “Put into play” will, however, trigger any effects that occur when a card “enters play”.

Sneak Attack instructs you to "Put" 1 Ally "into play".
Fili + Kili's Response triggers when you "Play" one of them from your hand through the normal act of paying their resource cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
what about when you play fili and kili is in your discard pile? can you go and get him from there? i think you can on the principle of when you get cards from the encounter deck as instructed by other encounter cards.

And what about Nori's ability and sneak attack - will the threat - 1 trigger?

And does Bofur (spirit) trigger Nori's ability?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Eagle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nssxxx wrote:
what about when you play fili and kili is in your discard pile? can you go and get him from there? i think you can on the principle of when you get cards from the encounter deck as instructed by other encounter cards.

Fili and Kili specify "search your deck", so I think this means your deck only - not your discard pile. When encounter cards tell you to look in deck and discard pile, they say so.

Quote:
And what about Nori's ability and sneak attack - will the threat - 1 trigger?

And does Bofur (spirit) trigger Nori's ability?

Thanks

Yes to both - Nori specifies "entering play", which covers Sneak Attack and Bofur as well as playing allies in the planning phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weidus
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a game just yesterday where bofur and nori reduced my threat by quite a bit. Very good combo indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paperbag wrote:
Had a game just yesterday where bofur and nori reduced my threat by quite a bit. Very good combo indeed.

Tying up a loose end here, but Nori was changed in the FAQ so the Bofur combo doesn't work:

"Nori
Should read: “Response: After you play a Dwarf character from your hand, reduce your threat by 1.”

Elsewhere in the FAQ:
“Put into play” effects are not considered to be playing the card, and will not trigger any effects that refer to a card being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.