Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: In Australia for 6 months! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Falafel Palmer
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiyo!

Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
and I are arriving on your shores in January. For a little bit we'll be staying with a friend in Darlington, Sydney. If we were looking for game groups- is that classified as south Sydney?

I'm not sure how long we will be in Sydney. We'd like to travel and see the country a bit, but one of the other goals was for me to find an employer to get some use out of my shiny new cabinetry degree. So not sure where we will end up, but it could be anywhere! Are there other gaming events or friendly groups or spare bedrooms we should know about?
We're friendly, and clean, and will probably come bearing chocolate of some sort.

We're REALLY excited and cannot wait (though we must!) I'm a bit worried about your razor clawed drop bears though... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieren Otton
msg tools
Hey That Falafel Girl,

If you're here January, and you'd like to travel, try to get to the Cancon Games Convention. Its January 25th-28th in Canberra, probably the biggest (I think the best) games festival in AU.

In Sydney, Good Games Sydney, Burwood and Miranda are all pretty close to you (Hurstville may be open early next year also). Geek together, a social pub meet, will happen towards Feb in Sydney as well, a good way to meet people (and drink beer)

Booty Bay in The Haymarket is also a fine place to hang and play games. Dazeknight on these forums is the man to speak to there (Gary is his real name)

Cheers, enjoy your time here

Honest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - you're always welcome to drop in to our lunchtime gaming group which is in walking distance of Darlington. (Our thread is below). The OP has the location and we always post each week what we're playing and how many of us will be there.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/136413/lunch-time-games-...

Beyond that you're also welcome to come by Syd Uni where I work (even closer to Darlington) for a game at lunchtime. I already play with some colleagues on a weekly basis.

Enjoy your time down under!

BTW check out this thread for gaming groups in Sydney:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/628399/boardgame-groups-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Darlington's 6km from me and I had to Google it. Sydney's a big place, huh.

Anyway, welcome to Oz! You'll be living only a 20 min bus ride from Randwick, where I run an active Eurogaming guild on Tuesday nights. Feel free to contact me when you arrive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFalafelGirl wrote:
Hiyo!

Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
and I are arriving on your shores in January. For a little bit we'll be staying with a friend in Darlington, Sydney. If we were looking for game groups- is that classified as south Sydney?

Not really.. Darlington is next to Sydney University, and is 3km south of the CBD. It is very close to Redfern, which has a bit of a reputation, especially 'The Block'. Good Games down on Broadway is probably your closest gaming hub.

Quote:

We're REALLY excited and cannot wait (though we must!) I'm a bit worried about your razor clawed drop bears though... shake

don't worry about the drop bears, the kookacrocs ate them :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falafel Palmer
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

don't worry about the drop bears, the kookacrocs ate them :-)

Well, that is a relief! I shall sleep easier knowing that! Thanks for all your guys' help and suggestions. We look forward to meeting some of you guys! I mean, we look forward to meeting all of you, but I'm not sure what the chances of that actually are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.