6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Combat Commander: Europe Vs. Combat Commander: Pacific rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
What is the better game? The Pacific version is rated number 3 on this website while Europe is only rated 11. Are there any major rule changes between the two? Does the Pacific version have naval combat? What is your favourite out of the two? Does it just depend on your tastes in what part of WW2 interests you most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the community try these links to speed this up for you...

CC:E or CC:P?

and

Trying to decide between purchasing CC: E or CC: P?

and

CC:E or CC:P?

After all this I ended up buying everything that exists in the CC family, to be fair CC: P has never gotten played. CC: E is enough for a lifetime...

Edt, I added a thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Europe, no doubt. The Mediterranean scenarios are fun also, but I haven't played them nearly as often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks both of you for your imput. I tried searching for this question before posting this, but nothing came up. I'll definately check out those links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stebobibo wrote:
Thanks both of you for your imput. I tried searching for this question before posting this, but nothing came up. I'll definately check out those links.

They would have been easier to find if the others had posted here like you did. This forum was created for threads like this, but many are unaware of or ignore the organization scheme. I'm impressed that you, a new user, got it right the first time, so I've tipped the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you forced me to choose I'd pick the CC:E/CC:M combo over CC: P.

As many others have pointed out, the best way to decide is to choose the theatre you are most interested in, historically.

The rules/play shortcomings of either set are not significant enough (in my opinion) to cause one to choose one set or the other. I don't like the rout/rally and weapon malfunction mechanics in CC: P. The hex overstacking rules from CC: P you can add pretty easily back into the CC: E system (I believe it's an optional rule in the Stalingrad BP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.