Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not expecting that they will be as varied at StarCraft: TBG but do the cards have some thematic differences making for example, cheap zerg and expensive but powerful protoss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don''t know for sure, but don't expect it to be since it's the same old school risk dicerolling mechanic used in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards provide some faction feel. The Protoss get a psionic blast to wipe out units from a planet. Zerg get a burrow to make a territory in-attackable and the Terran get to move their base via lift off even if its not in their control. Other than that, there is very little differentiation between factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 4 game modes... Have anybody played them all. Are they thematic ? How long does each take ?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basic training feels most like SC with the force distributions. Plays quickly too.

Total domination is regular risk and can last forever.

Command center or whatever it is can take a while if a stand still is forced but if you play for the achievements and plan accordingly you can arrange for a sweeping victory in under an hour of play.

The team games I have not tried other than the 1v1 variant which was interesting. I've had fun playing all modes of the game so far. Even when my wife wiped the board with my face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.