Hide
4 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cloaked Assasin Card and health bonus items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graytor Holom
msg tools
Hi! another question rised up tody while playning wth my gf... she got a cloaked assasin card in the manor so she had to fight. She was wounded already but killed the assasin without a scratch. The question is, what would have happened if she would have been wounded already for all her max available wounds but been alive due to event card items and allies and then she gets the cloaked assasin preventing her from using allies and items? does she automatically get ko?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloaked Assassin reads: "You may not use any Items or Allies during this Fight and may not Escape."

So you're asking do the extra wounds granted by Items/Allies count? This would be a reason for when getting wounds to always put them on Items/Allies first. Then when the Assassin shows up (or you have to discard an item), all the empty spots are still on your character sheet.

In practice, I would let someone "transfer" wounds to items/allies when needed. But any extra empty wound spots on Items/Allies wouldn't be allowed to be used during the Assassin fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graytor Holom
msg tools
Ok it seems logical. Roleplaying the game, it wouldnt seemed right to be knocked out if all the wounds on the character sheet are filled up ans you still have allies.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
In practice, I would let someone "transfer" wounds to items/allies when needed. But any extra empty wound spots on Items/Allies wouldn't be allowed to be used during the Assassin fight.

I agree with allowing players to transfer wounds on the fly. Otherwise, it's too much of a "gotcha" trap for new players, which most people don't think is fun.

Also, Jason has said several times (including on the wiki) that extra wound boxes on allies are treated just like an extra health box on the hero itself. I'm sure nobody would complain if you moved a wound marker from the 1st box to the 2nd box on your hero's card. Therefore, I see no problem moving it to your 4th box either, even though it might be on a different card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.