Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to suggest including an equipment card or two in each box of non-leader soldiers.

I was disappointed to buy a German Assault Squad and get 3 more standard soldiers and one who could use a Panzerfaust, without getting the Panzerfaust equipment card (rendering him just another grunt unless you've purchased one of the expansions that includes the equipment card and plastic template). A paper template or having a printable one on your web page would suffice to make him complete right out of the box.

Each scenario suggests a number of soldiers per side and says that it may vary based upon equipment, but there aren't many equipment choices besides grenades in Day of Days and not many more in Road to Carentan.

Two more cards per box wouldn't add much to your cost (each already contains 2 soldier cards and 14 Action cards) but would add a lot more flexibility and value to the purchase. Providing "Fresh Boots" for a slower soldier or an "Entrenching Tool" for anyone would provide some useful choices when selecting a team for a scenario and the extra equipment cards would be a reason themselves for purchasing expansion squads (or at the very least another rationalization as to why they should be an early purchase).

Please consider this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle

Seabrook
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree completely.

I just uploaded a picture of the Panzerfaust card so you should be able see it soon.

I think that a including a Panzerfaust card with soldier and a Rifle Grenade with soldier makes sense. I also like the idea of getting a random equipment card with each pack. Currently I have 1 Explosives card from Road to Carentan and it has already come up that that two players wanted to purchase it in the same scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle, where did you upload the panzerfaust card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.