United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
Runner Keeps

In my opinion, here is the Runner's first mistake: no Wyldside = Mulligan. I'm a firm believer that Anarchs are built around starting with Wyldside 75% of their games.

Thanks for the report, FileAccess. I'm always at a loss when reading these, I want to comment on the players' actions (I could spot a couple of weird plays up there), but I don't want to end up being patronizing or just plain rude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
I think there's always room for constructive criticism in pretty much any game. I know that there are in mine!

Hopefully I don't offend anyone

FileAccess wrote:
6 Credits
Armitage
Armitage
Armitage
Armitage

14 Credits
Install Crypsis
--Trash Wall of Static
Crypsis, virus counter
Run RS1
--ICE1: Data Raven
--Take tag
--Break
--Successful run, trash Melange
Remove tag

I strongly disagree with this turn of event.

1) The Runner wasted *two* full turns plus emptied his Armitage in order to trash Melange. I might be able to understand this vs. a different Corporation (NBN, for example), but Weyland is not dependent on Melange as a crucial source of income.
2) Since Weyland could rely on tag n' bag for victory, the Runner really does not have time to waste on such heroics.
3) Why not utilize Djinn? Parasite Data Raven, summon a Datasucker, and wait a couple of turns. Anarch is less vulnerable to a rich Corporation, the bottleneck vs. Anarch is the number of ICE drawn, not rezzing the ICE.

FileAccess wrote:
3 Credits
Draw
Install Grimoire
+1 Credit
+1 Credit

This goes back to the previous point. Weyland managed to successfully score Private Security Force. This means he only needs one Scorched Earth to finish the game, and he probably has it in his hand. Now is the time to apply pressure on multiple fronts, not set up a rig.

I would say that the Runner did two additional crucial mistakes during this game. First of all, he did not draw enough cards. The Runner drew six cards over eleven turns. As a result, he had no breakers, no source of income other than a single Armitage, and no viruses other than Crypsis, Medium and Parasite. Next, he did not utilize Djinn at all. If you skip Wyldside you must use Djinn. There were enough ICE rezzed to triple Parasite. And Datasucker is a crucial source of income for a credit starved Runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey guys.

I run Anarch Mill, an idea I brought up with another guy who shows up at the NYC meetups some weeks ago. We both got excited about the prospect of using the much maligned Data Dealer for something that makes a bit of sense.

When I first built it, I ran it like a plain Anarch deck (w/o Wyrm) splashing Magnum Opus, Data Dealer, and some other stuff I can't remember. I was able to get a noobie Jinteki player with it, but then a week later, he trounced me five games in a row. I figured something was wrong. After some time, it started to feel way too slow and clunky.

When the other guy played his version, all he ran was Wyrm and Crypsis for icebreakers, and no Datasuckers. He also ditched Wyldside since it ate up his clicks.

I kept Wyldside, utilizing Aesop's Pawnshop to turn it off when I was ready, but missing out on Forged Activation Orders. After sometime, I rolled with the other guy's idea of packing 3x FAO and 2x Decoy. Along with 2x Data Dealer, that leaves a point for either Sacrificial Construct or Net Shield (imo, this deck is garbage against Jinteki and Net Shield is the best thing worth 1 influence). Without Aesop's, I ditched Wyldside. In fact, the only time I mulligan is if I don't see a Wyrm. Wyrm is by far the most important thing, and Anarch has no way to look for it with my use of influence.

This game, my draws were giving me Parasites and Mediums. I didn't use Djinn because I was cash starved after the Melange play and already had decent cards in my hand. With the Posted Bounty on the table, I had already forfeited the game in my mind. I forgot that he would need to use an action to score it and would then only be able to ping me for 5 cards.

With this deck it's hard to make a decent run on just any ol' server. A Data Raven in front of a Remote is the worst thing. I know I definitely misplayed, thinking the Medium pressure would change the game when it really didn't.

In regards to the Melange play, I saw Hadrian's Wall. That massive thing... I didn't want him to be able to rez it and still be sitting pretty cash-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.