Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So the way it works is you reach out to a publisher. You wait some time before they respond to you. And then after some initial dialogue, you wait some more. The question is, when do you follow up with the publisher and when should you just wait? Obviously, you don't want to bug them non-stop, but a follow-up should also be proper on your part too. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it depends on the publisher. Some of the bigger guys have over 1000 to look at each year. I've waited 2 months before a follow-up was done. Other times, if I have a good email conversation I don't mind just a "hey, does it look good?" "Have you got to my design yet?" after a month. Other companies in Germany (the big guys), have taken a year to get back to me about wanting to read the rules, and a follow-up with them was on a 3-month cycle. There is one caveat here - I do weekly follow-ups until I get a response; then the next would be 3 months later again. It is a long road, some publishers are great to work with; others do not see your time is of importance, and 2 years later you might hear back. If you send in a prototype, they are more invested into your time, so monthly follow-ups are okay unless they give you a time-frame (if they give you a time frame, work with it, and don't veer off or it might upset them, and place it at the bottom of the stack again). Like I said, the publisher has to weed through a lot, so it is good not to make yourself out to be more work than need be; pestering is not a good idea. There is my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.