Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone mind providing. Breakdown of the new passenger list so I can compare to my original, I'm keen to know what changes they made apart from adding names.

Also, having played again last night, I've always wondered about passengers. They only take up half a hold, the don't cost a buy/sell action to pick up, they have no buy price, and you generally get more for them than a good. The only downside is that they want to go to one specific place.

However, in all games I've played, they seem to be far more profitable and if one comes put early game needing to go to another system very near (which it always seems to do), that player receives a huge boost early on.

Am considering needing passengers in my home made version of the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Would anyone mind providing. Breakdown of the new passenger list so I can compare to my original, I'm keen to know what changes they made apart from adding names.

I checked it out last night:
7 were placed and had to be delivered to the same systems. Their prices were with $10-$20 of the original prices. The other 3 had different locations than the original game.

Quote:

Also, having played again last night, I've always wondered about passengers. They only take up half a hold, the don't cost a buy/sell action to pick up, they have no buy price, and you generally get more for them than a good. The only downside is that they want to go to one specific place.

The big problem is they usually don't want to go in the same direction as you want to go to deliver goods. (For example, Fare from 2-10 means you are going against the normal flow of travel.) They often want to go the Base which is hard to get to and will force you to stop for a turn to drop them off. Also the half hold means effectively you have to carry 2 to gain efficiency and usually 2 are not available.

Quote:
However, in all games I've played, they seem to be far more profitable and if one comes put early game needing to go to another system very near (which it always seems to do), that player receives a huge boost early on.

Yes they can give a boost early in the game, but most times they are not decisive. Early in the game going IOU's will be as effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.