51st State: Wrak Transportera Promo Card» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Wrecked transporter - promo card review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael None
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun idea to write a review about a single, promo card.

So you get this card along with a polish boardgame magazine. It is fully compatible to 51 state and New Era. You can also obtain it with a promo card pack from Bgg store.

How is this card doing in game ? To be honest it has never been picked as the first one when choosing the cards (out of 5). Its ability seems to be useful, but most often there were better things to do with a worker than send him to a wreck. But of course there are situations when you will save 1 worker, because you can barter any one resource and a worker for universal resource. But overall i think that wrecked transporter has limited chances of being worth to incorporate it in your turf.
But its distance of 2 makes it valuable to sign an agreement with it.Universal resource is worth it. Conquering the transporter is also a good idea, 2 universal resources are always useful.

So to sum up, i think that despite of its ability will rarely be useful as an incorporated location. You rather should conquer or sign an agreement with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is likely not chosen first because most don't understand that it means: Any resource --> Universal token

And yes, it would be a good strategy to cooperate with it but you may incorporate it if you already are receiving a good amount of workers, like in Winter, or so I have heard (even in your review)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.