Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Very Merry Board-mas

A very special event this year over the Christmas Holidays is going to happen on Sunday the 30th of December , its called "Board-mas" and will give you chance to crack open those new board games that Santa was so kind to bring you this year..!

We have secured a great venue , capable of holding comfortably 150+ peeps upstairs in the function room of the Taibach Rugby Club.

Sunday lunch's will be available and depending on numbers they will open the upstairs bar if we need.

We are going to hold a 7-wonders tournament and Pitch Car tournament and if time allows a huge team Wits and Wagers Competition as well with prizes for all winners.

I will be posting a picture shortly of the venue so you can get an idea of the size of the function room/hall and how ideal it is to hold a board gaming day.

The best part of all this though is that because it is Christmas the whole day is free , that's right no charge , come along and enjoy yourself from 11 am to 11 pm , play as many board games , wargames and miniature gaming as you can fit in 12 hours , play in the tournaments , take part in the raffle for more board games...!!! and meetup with some new gamers from all over South wales/UK.

Taibach Club is part of Port Talbot and the venue is 1 min from junction 40 on the M4 , or 3/4 mins cab ride from Port talbot Parkway.
Theres plenty of free parking in the Aldi's car park across the road.

We would love to make this a regular event and hoping that all the clubs from Swansea and Cardiff and of course anywhere in Wales or the UK can meetup in this inbetween venue.

The full address of Venue is

Taibach Rugby Club /upstairs Function Room
Commercial Road
Port Talbot
West Glamorgan
SA13 1LN

We have the function room from 11 am to 11pm .

The 7 wonders tournament will be run from 2 pm so please regisister at least 15 mins before the start , we are aiming to play with all expansions for the tournament .

We could do with some more copies of the game and expansions and anyone lending there copy will have that copy sleeved for free , so let me know if you can help with that.

Pitch car will start once the 7 wonders tournament finishes.

Anyone else wanting to run other tournaments like x-wing or any other game , please let me know and we can set aside or reserve tables for that too.

If you would like to come and I'm hoping for a big turnout , then just leave a post below so that I can get an idea of numbers , so to let the owners know as in regards to staffing and possible Sunday Dinners.

I will be updating this post with lots more details , in the next few weeks , but as it is fairly short notice wanted to get something going so that you all had time to prepare.

So Merry Board-mas to you all and heres hoping to see you on the 30th.

Kind regards Jason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.