Subject: Please, compare to Medici vs Strozzi, how does it play with two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kuriata
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Statistics say, that it's not reccommended with 2.
Post say, that a two player game is simply cut-throatish (which is good for me).
I couldn't find any specific argument against this game as a two player. If it's auctioning, than it could replace Medici vs Strozzi by R. Knizia for me, which I found to be too mathy.

So, to conclude:

1. How does it play with 2 players?
2. Is it better/worse than Medici vs Strozzi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested in the answers to these questions, maybe someone can revive this 2012 thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Huhtala
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 player works, but a lot of the card selection each turn can be tampered by using the auction mechanic. This usually means Player A can still get his card, but will have to pay Player B to take it. Interesting, but means a slower game.

Overall, I'd say 3 player is best.

---

I haven't played Medici vs. Strozzi, but Before the Wind has the same objective as in the base game Strozzi - to get the ships. But ships are only good for points, not commodity renown tracks like in the Knizia games. However, getting the ships themselves is laborious.

So instead of either of those two I'd say it's closer to Splendour, but more complicated. Players are trying to fill (aka 'buy') the ships cards with their warehoused goods, but without any gold token reserve mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.