Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any available VASSAL module. Is there any PBEM capability for this (as that's how I do most of my gaming these days)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen a VASSAL module, I would certainly like a copy if someone has one. As it is the rights to the game are the property of Decision Games and they won't allow VASSAL modules to be distributed. I hear they have another interface that they do authorize but I don't see it listed on their website.

As far as the other question. The game is almost completely unplayable by email. I would never consider it and I do play a fair amount of email games.

The problem is basically every time you move next to an enemy unit you have to stop and the enemy either says 'counterattack' or 'go'. A very interactive game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I have not seen a VASSAL module, I would certainly like a copy if someone has one. As it is the rights to the game are the property of Decision Games and they won't allow VASSAL modules to be distributed. I hear they have another interface that they do authorize but I don't see it listed on their website.

As far as the other question. The game is almost completely unplayable by email. I would never consider it and I do play a fair amount of email games.

The problem is basically every time you move next to an enemy unit you have to stop and the enemy either says 'counterattack' or 'go'. A very interactive game.

Ah, then in that case the question is moot - although could be played real-time VASSAL.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a VASSAL module apparently.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5n4wxu1u80774ce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.