Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: RPG dice!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree, and not just d6s either! This game is very high on my "to buy" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it doesn't matter for gameplay purposes, for the flavor alone it's great they did this. I mean d-something and not just d6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[edit: removed quote selected in error]

Blimey, some are easily pleased?!

I hope it has more depth and gameplay than just the inclusion of some RPG dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Totally agree, and not just d6s either! This game is very high on my "to buy" list.

Blimey, some are easily pleased?!

I hope it has more depth and gameplay than just the inclusion of some RPG dice.

Seeing as how this thread is about dice, I'm not quite sure what your point is about me being excited and quoting me on it like you made some fantastic revelation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

Seeing as how this thread is about dice, I'm not quite sure what your point is about me being excited and quoting me on it like you made some fantastic revelation.

Oops. Fat fingers on small screen and appear to have selected 'quote' over 'reply' in error. Comment was not seeking to quote you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicky: Of course, great art and good game-play is essential in a game like this. But what else could give more RPG feel than different types of dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason I am excited is the progressive character advancement. It appears you can build your character deck and "save" it over hours of adventures and scenarios. This is cool and something I have played with in my own games but could never make it work right so I am eager to see if Paizo can do it.

Of course, RPG dice, Pathfinder iconics and nice artwork also make me interested in this. It also appears that each adventure is fairly random because you draw from a pool of cards that may not appear in every adventure, even if you have played it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.