Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone find the character cards kind of hard to use? Its so hard to move the level bar when you have cards on it. It doesn't slide smoothly so we're always lifting the character card and all of the equipment cards just spill off and get mixed up every time. We just started using the yellow arrow chits to point to our danger level, but we just have to be careful to not knock the cards around and lose our place.

Any other solutions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem moving the experience tracker. Just don't shove it all the way in, and when you move it, press the character sheet down with one hand to keep it in place while you move the slider with the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have really started to enjoy using the ipad app if that is a possibility!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I attached some card sleeves to my player boards. This way, you can pick up the player boards without losing equipment. I also put some sticky tack on the backs of the skill markers so they'll stay on the boards, too.

You can see the sleeves in this picture:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Anyone find the character cards kind of hard to use? Its so hard to move the level bar when you have cards on it. It doesn't slide smoothly so we're always lifting the character card and all of the equipment cards just spill off and get mixed up every time. We just started using the yellow arrow chits to point to our danger level, but we just have to be careful to not knock the cards around and lose our place.

Any other solutions?

After my first game, everyone in my group also uses the yellow arrow chits. You are not the only one :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dufour
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
tlee33 wrote:

Any other solutions?

After my first game, everyone in my group also uses the yellow arrow chits. You are not the only one :)

Aren't the yellow arrow chits supposed to be used to show which abilities you choose at each level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They were originally supposed to be used to track experience as well, until they realized it was quite problematic that they were so easily dislodged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Loophole Master - I had problems in my first game, then realised if you just leave the arrow a bit loose by not pushing it down all the way, you can easily move it without any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were having the issue so I created some new character sheets with explanations of the skills and separate cards with sleeves to hold the equipment cards. I also use a separate sheet that is laminated to track kills, that we use a dry erase marker on. We also use the dry erase marker to check off the selected skill when a character gains a new one.

The file with all of the pages is available here:
Separate Character, Equipment and Kill Tracker Sheets

We have had a couple of games where we used 7 or 8 characters (we added a spawn point so we would not overwhelm the Z's), so I need to update the kill tracker for 8 characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought some appropriately colored dice for each character ( yellow D6, orange D12 (or is D10), etc)to use to total up zombie kills...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inntrepid wrote:
We were having the issue so I created some new character sheets with explanations of the skills and separate cards with sleeves to hold the equipment cards. I also use a separate sheet that is laminated to track kills, that we use a dry erase marker on. We also use the dry erase marker to check off the selected skill when a character gains a new one.

The file with all of the pages is available here:
Separate Character, Equipment and Kill Tracker Sheets

We have had a couple of games where we used 7 or 8 characters (we added a spawn point so we would not overwhelm the Z's), so I need to update the kill tracker for 8 characters.

These are great! Thanks for sharing.

Having said that I don't really have too much problem, sometimes the equipment cards slide but it's not to annoying as there's only 5 of them max (sometimes more if you've got a scope). I think I'm going to laminate my character cards to protect them against damage. It'll make the cards slipping even more likely but also be able to move the plastic xp marker more easily too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
msg tools
They also developed some handy mobile device apps if you have a device that supports it:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedkey...
iPad - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombicide/id557278582?uo=4&m...

Both free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My home-made Travel Edition of ZOMBICIDE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paulson
msg tools
I laminated my character cards so that we wouldn't have to fuss around with the tracker pieces and could just use a dry erase marker on it. Works really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.