Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Playtest Opinions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is an open playtest going on right now and was hoping to hear some opinions from those who have played the game. What works and what needs to be changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've play-tested, I've always had to sign non-disclosure agreements. I'd be very surprised it those testing Pathfinder weren't under such restrictions as well. It would indeed be nice to hear something, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play tested at gencon 2012. Im generally not a fan of coops but had a good time. Gives you a Descent feel in a smaller, easier to set up package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get a chance to see how characters progressed over the course of the campaign? Did they gain XP, items, skills, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Did you get a chance to see how characters progressed over the course of the campaign? Did they gain XP, items, skills, etc?

When we played, it was like a descent campaign. Items acquired, experience earned to upgrade skills, etc. This was earlier prototype so I can't speak to how it may have changed though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, according to Vic over at paizo.com, the playtesters are not under an NDA. Would anyone else care to chime in about their experiences playing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Please give us many info's, maybe a scenario - walkthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and give us the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.