Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed in the version section of Rail Baron that Rio Grande Games is to be reprinting this under the original title Box Cars. (see Boxcars). According to this page: http://riograndegames.com/games.html?id=444 this is expected to release spring 2013, so here's hoping for 2014 ish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it gets the same treatment as Credit Mobilier, we'll be doing good to see it by 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
HUZZAH for the reprint!!

seppo21 wrote:
If it gets the same treatment as Credit Mobilier, we'll be doing good to see it by 2016.

But then, of course there is the RG track record. soblue
I'm still waiting for El Caballero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William (Andy) Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It states a one to two hour play time. How is that possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have confirmed with the printer that we will have the first samples of BOXCARS at Gencon for play in the Rio Grande Games room and the TGA area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I originally created a new version of Rail Baron with the Box Cars name, but I've now created a standalone game page for Box Cars due to the long history of Rail Baron and the changes that Rio Grande is talking about for this new edition. I can always merge the pages later should the games turn out to be more similar than different, but the promise of a shorter playing time would seem to tilt the scale toward different.

Update, July 29, 2013: RGG's Jay Tummelson has noted that the new edition of BOXCARS is effectively the original version of the game that was self-published by the designers, so I've now merged that new page with the listing for the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Maloney
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El Caballero will be on display in Cafe Jay this summer at the WBC, along with Boxcars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.