Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Up Front» Forums » General

Subject: New slots opening today (Nov 28) - you can still get your named soldier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Rik sent out this update this morning - new slots opening to appease your vanity (takes one to know one, I got one of the early "vanity" slots) and get your name on a soldier. I believe you can upgrade a $125 post to $225, if you feel so inclined.

Rik's post:

Good day everyone. Just letting all that may not know already, Courtney Allen`s classic WWII card game UP FRONT is open on Kickstarter and already reached it`s target and reached a number of stretch rewards already too!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/up-front-the-...

Also, today [Weds Nov 28] at 5 PM EST Radiant Gaming will open a large number of limited tiers that will allow you to have your name printed on a Private ranked personality card of your choice! As an example, the Canada tier will be;

Pledge $225 or more

10 backers

CPT (CANADA) - You will receive the base game of Up Front (US vs. Germany) AND all 5 additional nationalities (Britain, France, Italy, Japan and Soviet Union) AND the UP FRONT cloth patch AND your name on a Canadian Private rank personality card (the name must be reasonable for the Canadians and reasonable in general).

The following nationalities will be opened up;

■Australia
■Britain
■Canada
■Finland
■France
■German SS
■Germany
■Greece
■Hungary
■Italy
■Italian Folgore
■Japan
■Norway
■Poland
■Romania
■Soviet Union
■Tito`s Partisans
■USMC

There will also be two more BIG tiers opened up that will enable you to have Ron Volstad draw your likeness on a soldier that will appear in the game on a nationality of your choice. These tiers will be as follows;

Pledge $1500 or more

5 backers

MAJOR GENERAL - You will receive 3 signed copies of the base game of Up Front (US vs. Germany) AND 3 copies of all 5 additional nationalities (Britain, France, Italy, Japan and Soviet Union) AND the UP FRONT cloth patch AND a numbered signed print of the new Up Front cover painting by Ron Volstad AND your name on a personality card (you choose which nationality and the name must be reasonable for the nationality and reasonable in general) AND you will be able to send in a photo of your choice and Ron Volstad will draw your likeness on a soldier that will appear in the game. Due to the nature of the game, only an appropriate male photo can be used and more than one photo may be required before Ron deems a photo suitable to use.

Pledge $2000 or more

5 backers

LIEUTENANT GENERAL - You will receive 3 signed copies of the base game of Up Front (US vs. Germany) AND 3 copies of all 5 additional nationalities (Britain, France, Italy, Japan and Soviet Union) AND the UP FRONT cloth patch AND a numbered signed print of the new Up Front cover painting by Ron Volstad AND your name on a personality card (you choose which nationality and the name must be reasonable for the nationality and reasonable in general) AND you will be able to send in a photo of your choice and Ron Volstad will draw your likeness on a soldier that will appear in the game AND you will receive the original drawing by Ron Volstad of your likeness used in the game. The original artwork will come signed, matted and framed. Due to the nature of the game, only an appropriate male photo can be used and more than one photo may be required before Ron deems a photo suitable to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch... I don't think I can spend an extra $100 to get my Uncle's name on a card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Pledge $225 or more..." part was removed in the meantime. I hope they open up at $200, like the already sold out slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
The "Pledge $225 or more..." part was removed in the meantime. I hope they open up at $200, like the already sold out slots.

That would be nice.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for Kick-starter aficionados who monitor this sort of thing - are we on track to hit the $200k mark? I love the look of that rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
A question for Kick-starter aficionados who monitor this sort of thing - are we on track to hit the $200k mark? I love the look of that rulebook!

According to this: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1325766284/up-front-the-car...

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Seghillian wrote:

A good place to check is the kicktraq website here.

There's been quite a jump of pledges today in the wake of the announcement... Oddly enough it's still several hours to go until these slots open up, so I'm not quite sure what this is about. It seems any kind of big announcement like that makes for a bump.

I would say the project will very likely top $200,000. D Day Dice hit $172,000 without nearly this sort of fan base, and Ogre nearly hit a million bucks, I'm guessing largely based on nostalgia. I'd be surprised if we hit many stretch goals after 200K, however, as there are big jumps of $100,000 between goals after that snazzy rulebook!

Plus, you can always pledge and if it looks like it ain't gonna get there, I believe you can back out at no charge (Please read the fine print, in case I'm wrong!!)

edit: doh! too slow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything over $200k is gravy. It would be nice if they added another stretch after $200k for an extra set of counters....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Seghillian wrote:

There's been quite a jump of pledges today in the wake of the announcement... Oddly enough it's still several hours to go until these slots open up, so I'm not quite sure what this is about. It seems any kind of big announcement like that makes for a bump.

I would say the project will very likely top $200,000. D Day Dice hit $172,000 without nearly this sort of fan base, and Ogre nearly hit a million bucks, I'm guessing largely based on nostalgia. I'd be surprised if we hit many stretch goals after 200K, however, as there are big jumps of $100,000 between goals after that snazzy rulebook!

Plus, you can always pledge and if it looks like it ain't gonna get there, I believe you can back out at no charge (Please read the fine print, in case I'm wrong!!)

Part of the jump today that has occurred is likely due to the fact the AiYP backers were sent an update stating the UF KS was funded and proceeding nicely with some new tiers coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DrBrewhaha wrote:
mattprice wrote:
Seghillian wrote:

Part of the jump today that has occurred is likely due to the fact the AiYP backers were sent an update stating the UF KS was funded and proceeding nicely with some new tiers coming.

That makes sense... D Day Dicers got one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I upped to my pledge to include naming a USMC personality card. What I really wanted was a US Army personality card, so if anyone pledged US Army and wants to swap, let me know.

Hawkeye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Living the Dream!
mbmbmbmbmb
Something strikes me as wrong about paying extra to name SS troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like anyone wants the SS level for obvious reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrBrewhaha wrote:
It doesn't look like anyone wants the SS level for obvious reasons.

Herr Otto Flick, perhaps?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus McEachran
Scotland
West Kilbride
North Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the lack of any interest in naming the SS cards is a wonderfully positive message for those putside the wargaming community who like to insinuate that we are all somehow closet Nazis! The original box art did not exactly help in that regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ginjav wrote:
I think that the lack of any interest in naming the SS cards is a wonderfully positive message for those putside the wargaming community who like to insinuate that we are all somehow closet Nazis! The original box art did not exactly help in that regard.

No possible positive message can offset the deep irritation I felt at people who insisting that a war-game with Germans-Russian shouldn't have "Heroes" in its name because both of those are Bad Guys and ergo not Heroic. (CoH: AtB)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.