Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew seaton
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Hello one and all.

I love me a game of seasons and as the title suggests i'm looking for a few games similar.

Please help I have not been exited ny a game like this in a long time x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen More
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:

Really? I played both Glen More and Seasons this past week and really don't think they're similar at all.

I'm afraid I've no suggestions though because Seasons is pretty unique in my collection. Dominion has the whole card thing (drafting, hand management, deck-building) and combos but I don't think they feel particularly similar. Plus Seasons is way better anyway. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash Up?

Maybe I am being harsh, but to me they are both just play cards and do whatever the words on them say. Not that is a problem, I like Seasons well enough with 2. Smash up is lighter obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qudoz wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:

Really? I played both Glen More and Seasons this past week and really don't think they're similar at all.

I'm afraid I've no suggestions though because Seasons is pretty unique in my collection. Dominion has the whole card thing (drafting, hand management, deck-building) and combos but I don't think they feel particularly similar. Plus Seasons is way better anyway. whistle

Yeah, I was puzzled by that , too. The only thing I could see that Glen More had in common with Seasons was the letter E.

I actually prefer Glen More, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just play more Seasons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
qudoz wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:

Yeah, I was puzzled by that , too. The only thing I could see that Glen More had in common with Seasons was the letter E.

I actually prefer Glen More, though.

I think if someone said "name a game that's the complete opposite of Seasons" then Glen More would be a pretty good choice.

But maybe there is another game called Glen More since someone recommended it in that thread for a fan of party games Or maybe it's some running joke that I'm not in on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always just go to the darkside and play Magic the Gathering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wilson
United States
Bangor
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know, in one of the Seasons reviews, the writer compared it to Lords of Waterdeep. Now, it made a weird sort of sense, and I wonder if someone would think the same going the other direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
How about City Tycoon?
Well, I've my reasons.
While Seasons drafting using cards, in City Tycoon we draft district tiles. Well, though the different is, in City Tycoon the drafting takes place each phase (1-4), while in Seasons you draft cards for the whole 3 years.
And in City Tycoon you need to pay the cost to build a district in the form of money instead of energy token. Then these district tiles can be activated once each round by supply them with energy or goods. Looks like has the same game play and mechanic right? But they have 2 different unique game plays. In City Tycoon, there is no dice and has a transporting / delivering mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshmanVGH wrote:
You know, in one of the Seasons reviews, the writer compared it to Lords of Waterdeep. Now, it made a weird sort of sense, and I wonder if someone would think the same going the other direction.

I made that comparison in my review (it's possible someone else did too) but I'd say it would be disappointing to go from Seasons to Waterdeep - in Waterdeep you put in a lot of work (acquiring adventurers in order to fulfil quests)and only a few of your quests end up having on-going benefits whereas in Seasons it's much easier to summon a card, and most cards have ongoing benefits. It's the stacking benefits which I particularly enjoy in Seasons and which give it an engine-building feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qudoz wrote:
Dominion has the whole card thing (drafting, hand management, deck-building)
7 Wonders and Seasons have card drafting, Dominion does not...

Anyway. If you're looking for more drafting: 7 Wonders might be an option for you though I personally prefer Seasons. City Tycoon also has drafting but I've never played it myself.

Magic the Gathering [obviously] is very similar too. And if you only build a draft cube (Is that the right term?) the cost should be manageable too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.