Subject: Seems interesting, but hard to see the strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the demo video it seems to be a game that is filled with interesting decisions each turn....but I don't see how you plan. There are only two resources in the game and you gain them by controlling a territory. However, unlike most worker placement games, you do not gain resources until a card is drawn that matches said territory. This seems to leave you with very little control.

Now this is still in development and the rules are not available. I am hoping that the actual game gives you a resource when you take control as well as when the card comes out.

I am excited about the concept of the asymmetrical villains and the leveling up ability. Also, very cool to play against Batman.

Just hoping they add a little more control and perhaps another resource like "influence". The villains could compete to to control various corrupt political figures. This could help recruit more henchmen....or whatever.

Just some random thoughts...the game looks like it has potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree it will be nice to see PDF rules posted, but I have to admit my initial thoughts from reading the description are that it's a Batman-themed Chaos in the Old World with the open-ended potential for WizKids to repurpose a lot of HeroClix figures.

I guess we'll see... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:
Yeah, I agree it will be nice to see PDF rules posted, but I have to admit my initial thoughts from reading the description are that it's a Batman-themed Chaos in the Old World with the open-ended potential for WizKids to repurpose a lot of HeroClix figures.

I guess we'll see... :whistle:
Khorne much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fassio
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else get the sense that this is just a Marvel Heroes clone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjfassio wrote:
Anyone else get the sense that this is just a Marvel Heroes clone?

I certainly hope not, and from the description, I'd say no. This title sounds like it's making an effort to include some element of area control and strategy whereas with Marvel Heroes it feels like there is no difference between the various boroughs other than being a physical place to put the figures on the table, depending solely upon the challenge they're targeting.

Another concern that occurred to me last night: If there is indeed an intended option to feature different combinations of villains beyond the base game--a no-brainer considering the rich history of them in the Gotham setting, not to mention the additional $$$ from expansions--I have to imagine there are going to be some "broken" groupings where the balance tends to lean heavily in favor of a particular villain (a detail many players are quite adept at discovering).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie silva
Brazil
Cuiaba
Mato Grosso
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I Took a look at the map,I tought the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not Chaos in the Old World! Hopefully the board won't be so murky . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.