Subject: Fighter Dodge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raimund Ruppel
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly is a Fighter supposed to Dodge a blast or a missile? The rules say "as an action" - does one of the occupants have to go on Overwatch to save his action for the next opposing side´s action phase? Or is it a free action so every blast or missile hit could be dodged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One character spends the action of his phase to do it. In the case of fighter Dodge, it can be as a reflex (no need to overwatch) or can be saved from previous phase through the use of a overwatch.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Ruppel
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so if not Overwatched, it would pre-empt an action of an upcoming phase? Since when the Blast hits, it´s usually the action phase of the opposing side...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is an exception to the normal rules but it works the same way as a regular pilot dodging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Ruppel
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Care to point me to the corresponding ruling? I can´t find it under the Pilot action "Dodge a missile"... thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the Revised rulebook? Also, you posted this on the Yahoo group correct (saw someone did today).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Ruppel
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, posted this also in the Yahoo group, since there´s more traffic there...

Ah, now I see what I did.

Dodging a missile or a ram with a ship is clear now, after re-reading the revised rules.

Dodging a cannon shot with a Fighter is still unclear, action-wise, since this would have to happen during the enemy´s action phase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantichor wrote:
Yes, posted this also in the Yahoo group, since there´s more traffic there...

Ah, now I see what I did.

Dodging a missile or a ram with a ship is clear now, after re-reading the revised rules.

Dodging a cannon shot with a Fighter is still unclear, action-wise, since this would have to happen during the enemy´s action phase...

All of those actions work the same no matter what phase they occur in - you give up your action for your next action phase.

Whether you are Dodgin in the movement phase or dodging in the enemy phase - it affects your next action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.