Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about set-up.

Specifically, on the Pacific board there numerous locations (French, Dutch) that have no garrisons. I noticed that French Indo-China has no garrison? Neither does the Dutch East Indies. Is that correct? Is that historical? I would suspect there was a garrion, especially in French Indo-China.

thoughts, comments?

Thanks,
H6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
According to wikipedia* the order of battle in French Indochina 1940 was 3000 vs 36000 men, so representing the French garrison with a single infantry would require some absurd inflation of the Japanese forces to obtain the same relative strength levels.

I guess they were left out for that reason. In the combined game, it would be a nice gimmick to have a French infantry there, but still the political implications of invading the territory far outweigh any effect of a single infantry.

*(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_French_Indochina)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Maybe we can place the base of an infantry unit there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Or an AA gun :) - that wouldnt unbalance it this much, but would give allies at least some sort of strategic option...although veeeery small... but that should be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it seems to be rounding error in the macro-scale of the game.

I was recalling my old days of playing World at War expansion for A&A and French-Indo China had a hefty of 2-3 infantry and fighter (I think); Hefty inflation on that end, I suppose.

cheers,
H6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.