United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Fellow Gamers:

How many of you have often popped open a new FFG product to be overcome with not only the excitement of getting a new game, but also the whiff of fresh ink on cardboard?

When your head clears and you've punched out all the parts do you take a moment and look at that "proof of purchase" token they also give you? Sometimes they will have to put it on the printed rules booklet/sheet if your new product lacks the heavy cardboard addiction.

Ah... the proof you own one of the many printed FFG items! Show your gaming pals, show your family, show your coworkers!!! Hey, you bought it, got it as a gift, found it, traded for it ... somehow you obtained the proof you own this game!!! YEAH.

So, what the heck are we supposed to do with these proofs of purchase? Hey, FFG can we turn in these like the old box tops of cereal we used to eat as kids for something? If we see you at a tradeshow can we give these back to you for a cool premium? What about we all mail them back to you so you can put them back in the boxes you sell to other dopes? Cause they seem to have absolutely no value... that I can "decipher."

I only go on about this because I recall Three Rings Publishing who were great at offering bonus items with their Koku program. Perhaps I am thinking the ever growing behmoth FFG might want to offer it's supporters something to keep them coming back? Or are we all just saps that need to think of some clever way to make use of these postage stamp sized proofs of purchase when we are not gaming in our free time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded mine in to get The Fridge!

Oh wait no, that was GIJoe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Stewart
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
We shall drink to our partnership. Do you like gin? It is my only weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
GilvanBlight wrote:
I traded mine in to the The Fridge!

Oh wait no, that was GIJoe.

I remember those days... too long ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Knox
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not totally without value- as I recall you could use your PoP from Mansions of Madness to get the cards fixed from the first printing without having to purchase the first expansion.

This is now the reason I never get rid of those little white pieces of cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ochobee wrote:
Not totally without value- as I recall you could use your PoP from Mansions of Madness to get the cards fixed from the first printing without having to purchase the first expansion.

This is now the reason I never get rid of those little white pieces of cardboard.

THIS!...

I save all my POP tags. For this reason exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ochobee wrote:

But they are not needed as I just used the parts request page and got mine with no proof of purchase required. In fact I bought the game second hand? FFG has excellent customer service. I remember back in the COC collectible card game days you could turn in "sanity" points from the card packs for redeeming exclusive items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I also was able to get replacement Mansions of Madness parts without needing the PoP token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Short
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
I know this is an old thread, but perhaps with the VR and AR (virtual and augmented reality) emerging technologies, we will be able to use these to prove we own the game and are therefore legally allowed to use a virtual copy without have to purchase an additional license.

Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gsho wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but perhaps with the VR and AR (virtual and augmented reality) emerging technologies, we will be able to use these to prove we own the game and are therefore legally allowed to use a virtual copy without have to purchase an additional license.

Just a thought.

Oh, yeah, that's great. I'm sure...heh...FFG...hee...would pass up a chance to have you buy something new just because you already own a different version...hee hee ha ha ha ha.

Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face all the way through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.