Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
DK Simulations has released 2 wargames for Android devices, including the colour versions of the Nook and Kindle:

Wargame Gettysburg costs US$1.99 or GB£1.25 or equivalent currency.

Wargame 1st Bull Run 1861 is free.

Both games feature the battlefield divided into hexes, at a scale of 500m per hex, with individual figures for infantry/cavalry (100 men = 1 figure) and artillery (10 guns = 1 figure).

Gettysburg uses brigades as the basic manoeuvre unit, while Bull Run uses regiments. Game play is turn based, and you can play against another player hot-seat, or as either side against the computer.

Artwork by:
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Gettysburg is on the play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dk.gettysb...

Bull Run here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dk.bullrun...

Gettysburg is also available on both the Amazon app store and the Nook store. Bull Run will be too, when approved (a week or so).

Screenshots:

edit - got URL of Bull Run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the map artwork! Not so impressed by that huge green hexagon in the first screenshot, but I'm sure it is there for some good reason.

Congratulations on completing two more of your Android wargames! When I have time to sit down with one of my Android devices to play games next time I will install both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You had a third game of the civil war in development - more region control, if I remember correctly.

Do you have abandoned that project? Because I really liked the preview version! I think it would be a very good game on the Androids!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
Love the map artwork! Not so impressed by that huge green hexagon in the first screenshot, but I'm sure it is there for some good reason.

Congratulations on completing two more of your Android wargames! When I have time to sit down with one of my Android devices to play games next time I will install both.

Gonzalo is an actual artist, while my efforts are usually worse than my children's efforts!

The big green hex is for selection where more than one unit is in a hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
You had a third game of the civil war in development - more region control, if I remember correctly.

Do you have abandoned that project? Because I really liked the preview version! I think it would be a very good game on the Androids!!

It's on the to do list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an Amazon tablet this week. Was looking at the Gettysburg game actually. Will try out the Bull Run and see how I like it and if I do pick up Gettysburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Just got an Amazon tablet this week. Was looking at the Gettysburg game actually. Will try out the Bull Run and see how I like it and if I do pick up Gettysburg.

It'll be about a week before Bull Run is available on Amazon and Nook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bull Run looks like a battle between two armed mobs.

I looked at the Gettysburg app. I find this line in the description a bit much.

"halting the invasion of the North, and providing the political popularity for Lincoln to be re-elected as president."

Gettysburg was in July 1863 and the election was in November 1864. Gettysburg truly had little influence on the election. The two were simply to far apart in terms of time. If any battlefield event had an effect on the election it was Sherman's taking of Atlanta although I think that event's influence is overblown and Lincoln would have won just as handily without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

"halting the invasion of the North, and providing the political popularity for Lincoln to be re-elected as president."

Gettysburg was in July 1863 and the election was in November 1864. Gettysburg truly had little influence on the election. The two were simply to far apart in terms of time. If any battlefield event had an effect on the election it was Sherman's taking of Atlanta although I think that event's influence is overblown and Lincoln would have won just as handily without it.

If Gettysburg had been lost maybe Sherman would have been diverted to Washington. Also, when was the Gettysburg address?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerpob2 wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

If Gettysburg had been lost maybe Sherman would have been diverted to Washington. Also, when was the Gettysburg address?

Gettysburg Address was in November at the dedication of the cemetery a year before the election. It got mixed reviews in the press. It really had no effect on the election.

I think in terms of Sherman you have your time frame confused. Sherman was not an army commander at the time of Gettysburg. He was one of five corp commanders under Grant at Vicksburg during Lee's Pennsylvania campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.