Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Occupation Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vahan Muradyan
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm confused about the various decks of occupation cards.

There are 3 decks (1+, 3+, 4+).

Does this mean that if I have 2 players, I should only use the 1+ deck, 3 players, I should only use the 3+ deck, and 4/5 players, it says I can use the entire deck which includes the 1+ and 3+?

It's confusing because 1+ means 1 or more. If you have 3 players, that's more than 1 so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use the 1+ deck as well as the 3+ deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vahan976 wrote:
I'm confused about the various decks of occupation cards.

There are 3 decks (1+, 3+, 4+).

Does this mean that if I have 2 players, I should only use the 1+ deck, 3 players, I should only use the 3+ deck, and 4/5 players, it says I can use the entire deck which includes the 1+ and 3+?

It's confusing because 1+ means 1 or more. If you have 3 players, that's more than 1 so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use the 1+ deck as well as the 3+ deck.

You add the 3+ cards to the 1+ cards with 3 players, and with 4-5 players you can play with ALL the cards (1+,3+, and 4+). If you consider that you have different decks out there (E,I,K,G etc etc) then that's a LOT of cards!

I usually play 3P, and what I do is to randomly select 4 1+ cards and 3 3+ cards per hand, and then we go into a draft where the players can select what cards they want from these....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vahan Muradyan
United States
California
flag msg tools
That clears it up. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vahan976 wrote:

That is exactly what you should be doing.

With 1 or 2 players, use only the 1+ occupations.
With 3 players, use the 1+ and also the 3+ occupations.
With 4 or 5 players, use the 1+, the 3+ and the 4+ occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We rarely play 1 or 2 player so it is easiest to keep all cards shuffled together and just discard and draw another card if dealt a a 4+ cards in a 3 player game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.