Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the kickstarter ends, is there any real incentive to pick up the oversized villain cards? What's the difference between them and the regular cards in the Enhanced Edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I find them MUCH easier to play with. All the info is easier to see, and aesthetically they look better on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eggroll20xd6 wrote:
Before the kickstarter ends, is there any real incentive to pick up the oversized villain cards? What's the difference between them and the regular cards in the Enhanced Edition?

They're hugely oversized, so they make reading and applying the villain start of turn, end of turn or if/then effects much easier. They aren't necessary at all. They are just really, really nice to have if you play often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, I'm sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Kinney

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a must in my book. You only need to flip one card if you are using them instead of 2 cards with the regular sized ones. Also, the fact that they are larger than the hero character cards and decks adds to the theme of fighting a big boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are fantastic when playing with new, younger players.

Just use the smaller regular card for Baron Blade, for example:

"Huzzah, heroes! You have defeated the evil Baron Blade's real estate plans for dragging the moon into the earth! His nefarious machine is destroyed, with seconds to go! But what's this? Oh no!

Baron Blade Voice wrote:
Ha Ha Ha! Foolish Heroes, did you truly think you can defeat all Science!?! Face the wrath of My GENIUS!
"

At this point, bring out the flip side of the giant version, on a stand.

"He has his own giant robot to crush you! All right, Heroes, looks like we're into Overtime! Legacy, you're up!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The oversized cards also make the villain feel more imposing. It looms large over the rest of the table, as if saying "look at all you puny heroes with your regular sized cards...pathetic!"

As a result, I personally find it much more satisfying to defeat an oversized villain card compared to the regular sized version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
The incentive is that they're damn cool. That is all, but it's enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this pic sold me on a la carting the oversized cards, not sure if I should thank you or send you a bill for $10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.