Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You heard it here first: the world's smallest car racing game is about to get bigger.

How much bigger? Well, two cards bigger, to be exact. That will bring us to a grand total of 11 cards. I know: that's huge.

What are those two new cards going to contain? Well that's where all of you come in. Every game can benefit from a couple of player aids so that's what I'd like to do here. I'd love to hear your suggestions of what information would make the rules of the game easier to remember, easier to teach, and easier to play.

Where will I be able to get this expansion? We're working on a brand new edition of the game which will include all 11 cards (original 9-card game plus 2-card expansion). Once everything is ready, those who own the original version of the game will be able to contact me on BGG or via the Famous Games website to request a complimentary copy of the expansion. We'll also make the two cards available in a print-and-play format here on BGG.

What about the rest of the World's Smallest Sports Games? We'll be rolling out similar 2-card player aid expansions across the entire line. To make your suggestions about what should be included on the cards, please respond to the corresponding thread in each game's forum.

What's in it for me? Well aside from the smug satisfaction that comes with making the world a better place (and the games you play even awesomer!), I'll be selecting the best contribution in each of the five threads and sending that special BGG User a full set of the retail-ready 11-card versions as soon as they're available... for FREE, anywhere in the world, shipping and handling included!

Do I have to already own the game in order to participate? Not at all! People unfamiliar with the games can check out the interactive tutorials on our website and make their player aid recommendations based on what they learn there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
Why dont you add more circuits in order to organize a full championship? As of now we have 7 circuits. With some more and new rules (points, award, etc.) to play a complete Formula 1 championship I think the game could become even more exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion. It's not something that fits within the context of a player aid expansion, but the plan has always been to release additional tracks for download over time.

Before I start creating new tracks, however, I'd like to get a better sense of which ones people are enjoying most and why. Reviews and session reports of specific tracks are very helpful in that regard. Also, I'll be curious if there are favorite real-world tracks people would like to see represented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a Famous 500 player aid, I think there are two areas of complexity that would need to be communicated. I think the most important of those are the series of little steps that occur at the end of a lap. The second most important would be a summary of how a pit stop works.

Is there other information that would be important to communicate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this game from BGG today - and I was surprised to only have 9 cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you were able to secure a copy, David. The 10th & 11th card are still in the process of being designed so there's still time to offer suggestions of what should go on them.

In the meantime, I recommend learning the game from our online tutorial: www.FamousGamesCompany.com/games/car-racing/coach/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobBartel wrote:
For a Famous 500 player aid, I think there are two areas of complexity that would need to be communicated. I think the most important of those are the series of little steps that occur at the end of a lap. The second most important would be a summary of how a pit stop works.

Is there other information that would be important to communicate?

A turn summary, end of lap procedures, and how pit stops work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobBartel wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. It's not something that fits within the context of a player aid expansion, but the plan has always been to release additional tracks for download over time.

Before I start creating new tracks, however, I'd like to get a better sense of which ones people are enjoying most and why. Reviews and session reports of specific tracks are very helpful in that regard. Also, I'll be curious if there are favorite real-world tracks people would like to see represented.

I have suggested my player aid suggestions but.... These games are so small and the rules so short that player aids are almost not needed. 2-4 extra tracks to come with the game would be great!! First downs could benefit from kickoff/ punt play cards, etc. expansion cards sold through BGG would be great too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. Here's my first stab at how the Player Aid cards should look for Famous 500.

Any tweaks or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have no specific suggestions ... but those look great! and will be super helpful! i tried to play this a couple times - but my opponent (wife) got bored because i had to keep checking the rules, heh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't agree more. Even though these are small games and their relatively simple rules fit on a single sheet of letter-size paper, it can still be a lot to keep track of (particularly for my two "Advanced" games, Famous 500 and Famous First Downs). The fact that the sample racetrack was attached to the rules made that all the more frustrating, I'm sure.

These player aid cards I'm developing for all of the World's Smallest Sports Games should make everything a lot easier to learn, remember, and play. Between that and the interactive online tutorials, I hope your wife will find her next play of the game much more enjoyable! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - the interactive tutorials are pretty buggy on the iPad (they cause Safari to crash) and the iPad is now our primary internet-connected device at home ... might be something else for you to look into
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know. What generation iPad do you use?

I've worked with the technology provider on this issue in the past and they weren't able to fully resolve it at the time. There've been a couple more generations of the software since, however, and there's an editing, optimization, & re-export pass for all tutorials on my ToDo list so hopefully that will correct the underlying issue.

Also on my ToDo list are some YouTube movies where I'll be stepping through the tutorial with full voice-over. So that will be another method for those who prefer it or are experiencing issues with the HTML5 implementation.

Between those two items, I should be able to reach an appropriate level of accessibility and ensure that you can learn the game easily and reliably across a wide range of mobile and desktop devices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it might have been a 1st gen iPad the last time i tried it ... i have a 4th gen now, but i can't test this minute.

i did try with my iPhone 4S yesterday and it again crashed right at the end of the tutorial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a large deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been pondering that, potentially as a Kickstarter project of some sort. What would you like to see in a deluxe version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited when I saw the title thinking you were enlarging the game, not just adding two cards. I haven't played it so I don't know exactly what deluxe would mean. From noticing the ratings this seems like a good candidate to evolve it into something bigger, maybe. I would probably back it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play Aids

Were these ever released officially?

I'd love to have a set.

I bought all 6 available titles from the BoardGameGeek store.

Looking at the newer Flagships game from your webstore.

Thank you,
~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
William, the 11 card versions of the games can be purchased directly from the website http://www.famousgames.co/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.