2 Posts

Star Trek: Fleet Captains» Forums » Rules

Subject: combat card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canadian girl Canadian girl
msg tools
during a combat you can play a combat card

who plays the combat cards first? the person that initiated to attack?

or it doesnt matter the order

today i was playing, ask my partner if he was going to play a card he said no then i played then he responded with a combat card?

If you say no can you change your mind if the other player choose to play?
because he said no I played a card the was going to help me with that
then he turn around and played a card and my card had no more affect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Canadiangirl19 wrote:
during a combat you can play a combat card

who plays the combat cards first? the person that initiated to attack?

or it doesnt matter the order

today i was playing, ask my partner if he was going to play a card he said no then i played then he responded with a combat card?

If you say no can you change your mind if the other player choose to play?
because he said no I played a card the was going to help me with that
then he turn around and played a card and my card had no more affect

As combat is just an opposed system test that compares weapons to shields, you can easily reference the example in blue on page 8 of the rule book to find the order of playing cards, as well as when you and your opponent can and cannot play cards.

Here it is, copied from the book:

Step 1. Find the System Rating for the System you will use on the ship’s combat dial.
Step 2. You may play one Command Card from your hand that modifies the System you are using.
Step 3. Your opponent may play one Command Card from his hand to modify the System you are using. If you chose not to play a card in step 2, you may play a card now to respond to a card played by your opponent. (i.e. if you pass, and your opponent passes, you do not get to play a card.)
Step 4. Add or subtract any modifiers for Crew Cards or System Tokens attached to the ship, and for any Command Cards you or your opponent played.
Step 5. Roll one die. Add the result rolled to your modified System Rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.