Subject: Received my copy today! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do live in Atlanta and it was shipped from a center here locally, so that is probably why I'm one of the first to receive my pre-order.

I just played it, and it was fun, although it was a lot with only 3 players. I'm guessing this game gets faster with more players which is a nice feature. But it is a cool concept, my wife and father-in-law liked it.

There are a lot of pieces and I really found a good use for my collection of colored baggies in this game. Even though each station has different pieces that are not necessarily color-coordinated, each station has a color to its icon. So I matched a colored baggie to the station's colored icon and then put all of the cards and tokens for that station in that colored bag. Next time I set the game up, each player gets one station card and one baggie of the matching color. This will beat my first setup time of something like 30 minutes trying to figure out where to distribute all the cards and tokens

I hope that somebody puts together some nice per-station reference sheets. Some of the stations have pretty good reference material on their cards, but some stations could use something extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine too, from my Secret Santa whistle

He also sent me the Space Cadets Promo Pack and some cool Space Cadets ship miniatures (blue & gray). Pretty awesome!

I heard that the pre-orders from Stronghold were including the promo pack (not sure about the minis). Did you get one, too?

I can't wait to give this a shot. It looks like a blast, and I think it'll accommodate a wide range of ages in any given game.

Cheers on receiving your copy. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

PS: If you're a sleever, 4 packs of the FFG "mini-American" sleeves (yellow label) will cover all of the cards. A pack of the FFG "Tarot" sleeves (orange label) will fit the torpedo puzzle cards, but you'll need to trim a bit off of the vertical end. Just sleeved mine, now I need to figure out my own baggie/box puzzle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I received a set of promo cards as well as a gray and blue miniature. I plan to paint the gray miniature and save the blue one for future resell value if needed.

I thought the game was fun and I plan to try another 3-player game soon, not sure about getting more players in before January though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm guessing this game gets faster with more players

I am a bit doubtful of this, especially with new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With fewer players you have to do multiple action rounds. With enough players, you just have a single action round. That will make the game shorter.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
With fewer players you have to do multiple action rounds. With enough players, you just have a single action round. That will make the game shorter.

Cameron

It only adds one more action phase. In my experience, it is not the 30 second action phases that are the limiting factor, so adding one will not significantly impact gametime.

So far, our 2 6p games with mostly new playesr have gone 3-4 hours.

I suspect 3 experienced players will almost always be shorter in duration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
UPS just dropped mine off! Time to start punching out the pieces! :^)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm true. I found the same thing with Space Alert. Each mission, including the resolution, was taking us thirty minutes. After awhile, it got down to just fifteen minutes.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Laison
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Mine just arrived too! Can't wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benton Seay
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up today too! now to get home and crack the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine here in Southern California!

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.