Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
If you use V'las Espionage ability:

Interrupt (espionage): Initiate a combat between this ship and a ship of your choice in its location in which this ship is the aggresser. This combat does not use an action.

If the target ship is destroyed do you get a victory point? And who can play combat cards to this battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe once the combat is initiated it's between whomever the ships belong to that conduct combat as normal and get to play command cards - he's just an instigating little bastard. We play that the combat victor gets the VP if they blow up a ship as per regular combat too. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the real use from this in 2p games is to have your opponent attack himself.but if he destroys his own ship, is that still a point? Have to check the original rules to see if they say enemy ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
I suppose the real use from this in 2p games is to have your opponent attack himself.but if he destroys his own ship, is that still a point? Have to check the original rules to see if they say enemy ship.

Based on other ways to destroy your own ship (e.g. self-destruct), nobody gets a VP if you destroy your own ship.

If playing a 3+ player game where V'las is used to get one opponent to attack another, I would say the controller of the ship gets the VP (and completes a relevant mission, if applicable) as normal. V'las just forces a ship to attack. There is no reason to think it does anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercutio Wycliffe
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is another mess caused by this card. If used on Prometheus, can it use it's Multi-Vectoral thingy? It specifically says "As part of a Combat Action..."
I allowed it when my opponent used this as the second ship brought in by the Reinforce card, since it was 'part of Southerland's Combat Action,' and in this situation, it would be a strategic way to water down its power if you were forced to attack your own ship. Where there is no Action spent, however, the letter of the law would seem to say "no."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.