Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo!
So a bit about me first. I am 40 years old and like most of you have been gaming my whole life. I have made games my whole life, some good some bad. never published a game as i have mostly made games for me and my group. I have been asked in the past to produce but never been in a spot to do it. Well, I now have a company, Talon Strikes Studios, I have a great logo, I have written a great card game which was going to be a table top game, but a publisher go a hold of it and it is now going to be released digitally by Wulven games.

So this brings me to the reason for my post. I have a new card game I wrote and I have the rules to a point where you can understand the game I think, though I have never written rules like this as I have always been there to play with the guys.

What is the best way to have someone i dont know who enjoys games to take a look at it and tell me what they think. I have taken games to the local store and play tested there, but I am looking for feedback on the game as a whole and the art.

I am not sure how to do that here. I dont want to be out of line and post up my stuff thinking you all would just look at it and talk to me about it. So what is the proper procedure for doing this here and is this something that is looked upon in a favorable light? I dont want to be rude and I dont want to presume that you would waste your time looking at something when you do not even know me or my background.

I can tell you that I wrote the game and I am producing the art for it. Like anything else i have tried to come up with original ideas for the card game and I have things in there as well that I am sure i picked up in one card game or another over the years.

So how does one go about having another set of eyes look at the work? Thank you in advance for any insight you may give me on this matter.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the community!

I think you'll find most of the people here pretty nice, and I think most would be willing to give feedback on a rules set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Smith
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Welcome to the community!

I think you'll find most of the people here pretty nice, and I think most would be willing to give feedback on a rules set.

Yup.

I suggest you create a new thread with the game name in the title and maybe Work In Progress (WIP) or the like to let people know what you are looking for. Throw together a paragraph to describe the game to give forum readers an idea as to whether not its their kind of game.

A smallish graphic or sample to give a feel/theme couldn't hurt; followed by a link to the latest copy of the rules.

If you include a printable mock up (PnP) of the game, you'll be a step ahead of those asking for play-testing materials.

Best of Luck...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all those materials can be uploaded right to the geek, or linked to on the web...

Follow this posters lead: [PnP] Banish the Beast - Beta Testing - We want you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
jason2043 wrote:
So how does one go about having another set of eyes look at the work? Thank you in advance for any insight you may give me on this matter.

Upload the files somewhere, make a post here with as much info on your game as possible and link to the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, Jason!

There really aren't very many harsh critics here. HONEST critics, yes, but not mean ones. If you take the advice above, there will be friendly and interested people who will give you valuable feedback on your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.