Popular Tags: [View All]
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment I have quite a bit of free time on my hands. One part of this forum I really enjoy is the chance to contribute ideas or assistance to game designs in progress. As I haven't had much occasion to stretch my creative muscles in a while, I would be happy to help (for free of course) out designers who require some flavour text written/rules read.

So - if you require a fresh set of eyes or some ideas, feel free to drop me a geek-mail about the project. If it interests me I'd be happy to help. I can draft up a short sample of flavour text, send it to you. If you like it, we can carry on from there.

Edit: Please send me your email addresses as well so I have somewhere to send commentary to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
What a lovely offer Samantha, very kind of you.

I have just linked you to the most updated AtomPunk rules to see if you can get your mind around them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herc du Preez
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some fresh peepers on Banish the Beast is always welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Samantha provided some early rules review assistance on The Great Heartland Hauling Co.(when it was still Over the Road). Helpful feedback was provided.

Thanks for offering this helps to designers! Very generous of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agust Blondy
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The more reviews and edits the better. Thanks for your offer.
If you have some time you can find my rules here: http://www.marketdaygame.com/?p=186

You can also find me on twitter @marketdaypesant
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sica wrote:

At the moment I have quite a bit of free time on my hands. One part of this forum I really enjoy is the chance to contribute ideas or assistance to game designs in progress. As I haven't had much occasion to stretch my creative muscles in a while, I would be happy to help (for free of course) out designers who require some flavour text written/rules read.

So - if you require a fresh set of eyes or some ideas, feel free to drop me a geek-mail about the project. If it interests me I'd be happy to help. I can draft up a short sample of flavour text, send it to you. If you like it, we can carry on from there.

A fellow South African who is also a Rules Reader? Our country is rapidly becoming a candidate for admission to the First World Club!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Sica wrote:

A fellow South African who is also a Rules Reader? Our country is rapidly becoming a candidate for admission to the First World Club!

I... I thought South Africa was a first-world country? :confused:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all, will start having a look through these.

Sam: I don't see the rules link on the Atompunk page? Perhaps email them to me?

Nate: South Africa is still developing... in a backwards sort of fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avianfoo wrote:

I'll check it out Herc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Sica wrote:

Heh-heh, I fear we are quite the minority here Derek. I can't even find people to play the damn things with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maykel Santos Braz
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! It looks interesting. I will take a look too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Samantha,

I don't know if this is your sort of thing, but I'd be interested in another set of eyes on my WIP tutorial rules:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10657605#10657605
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hiya Sam,

Its not on the main page, it should be an email adding you to the gdocs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herc du Preez
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:

I... I thought South Africa was a first-world country? :confused:

Pull the other one, its got bells on.

Sica wrote:
Avianfoo wrote:

I'll check it out Herc

Thanks Sam! Sam has provided some invaluable feedback and pointed out some typos that I was sure wasn't there earlier. I am sure that happens to many people, right? right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sica wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
Sica wrote:

Heh-heh, I fear we are quite the minority here Derek. I can't even find people to play the damn things with

Well, we have a group or two going here in Pretoria & Johannesburg - you are welcome to join any time you are in this part of the country!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Lots of aspiring designers here! And some intriguing ideas. I'm finished with my current batch, anyone else who wants stuff read/written, just drop me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.