Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for processing crates of fish are slightly unclear to me:

Quote:
Processing: Once fishing is complete, any player with a Processing Vessel license may process up to one crate of fish per boat. Simply take any crates of fish to be processed and place them on the Processing Vessel license.

What I can't figure out is this: can you pick and choose which boats will send fish to be processed, or if you decide to process fish, do you have to process a crate of fish from every boat that is able to do so?

I can't tell if the "may" applies to the whole action of processing, or if it applies on a per-boat basis, and the rules example underneath this section doesn't clarify.

Second question: Since the number of licenses seems to be quite tightly controlled, why don't the rules ask me to ditch four extra cards during setup if I'm playing with salvage yards?

Third question: why, if it's only in the first round that premium licenses are meant to be kept out of the license pool, why do you put cards equal to twice the number of players on top of the deck? What am I missing? Shouldn't it only be cards equal to the number of players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Processing License and Salvage Yard question
For each boat, you may process up to one crate of fish per turn. Move the processed fish crate to the processing license card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopper wrote:
For each boat, you may process up to one crate of fish per turn. Move the processed fish crate to the processing license card.

So if I have three boats, each with four fish, I can choose to only move a single crate of fish from a boat of my choice to the license?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Boots01 wrote:
lindyhopper wrote:

So if I have three boats, each with four fish, I can choose to only move a single crate of fish from a boat of my choice to the license?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! That makes a processing strategy much more controllable. We were playing that if you did it you had to take one from every boat, which led to some very laden Processing licenses...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: What everyone else said.

Q2: Because the way Salvage Yard works as a promo card, it adds flavor to the game. It is an addition, not a replacement.

Q3: You are mixing two things together. Basic rules no premiums first two turns. Advanced rules no premiums in turn one.

Thanks for playing and for your thoughts! Hope you enjoy the game. Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Aha! That makes a processing strategy much more controllable. We were playing that if you did it you had to take one from every boat, which led to some very laden Processing licenses...

You do know you can use cubes on the processing license as one coin each correct? So a lot of times it isn't a bad thing to have a bunch of cubes on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:
...Stay tuned.
For what? Possible expansion? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigeeh wrote:
bno70_1 wrote:
...Stay tuned.

QFT ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
dmassek wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

You do know you can use cubes on the processing license as one coin each correct? So a lot of times it isn't a bad thing to have a bunch of cubes on it.

Yes. They are also lost VP (assuming your boats aren't maxed out), so you need to balance it.

I've found it's usually worth it to process at least one crate for the card draw, especially if you have multiple processing vessel licenses. After that, having only a few 'money' on the card are handy, but not essential. I rarely process enough to get a big pile of money, card draws are generally worth more (because they are minimum 1 money, and up to 3 money, each).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopper wrote:

Yes. They are also lost VP (assuming your boats aren't maxed out), so you need to balance it.

Then again, if many/some of your boats are at 4/8 crates and you know there will be another round you don't lose any points by processing the fish... since you will get them back in the next round.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigeeh wrote:
bno70_1 wrote:
...Stay tuned.

Fleet in Space!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
lindyhopper wrote:

Then again, if many/some of your boats are at 4/8 crates and you know there will be another round you don't lose any points by processing the fish... since you will get them back in the next round.

BOb

Not to talk too much strategy...ninja

Spoiler (click to reveal)
But I do most of my processing early to mid-game, to keep those first few ships from filling up. Then I let them build up to max as the game winds down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.