All Things Zombie: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: New edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Lee
msg tools
mb
Hi,

I just visited LnL´s homepage and took a look at ATZ. There are redrawn counters with a couple of differences: The player counters now have a picture of a weapon on them. Nick and Tonya for example both have an assault rifle with additional numbers on their counters. Does anyone know if there are differences to the older versions and if so, what are they?

Thanks,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This cover art from the LNLP website has preliminary counter images that were not used in the either 1st or 2nd edition of the game:

This is the cover from the 1st edition, with the actual counter art used in BOTH editions.

Basically, the game art and counters are unchanged between 1st an 2nd editions, there is not a new version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Lee
msg tools
mb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a mint unpunched 1st edition for trade and people are saying they don't want it because of the 2nd edition. Is there any difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. No difference in content. Same maps, same counters, same rulebook, same player aids, same scenarios, same search cards. Same, same, same.

There is s difference in components. EVERYTHING (box, maps, counters, cards, etc.) in Second Edition is shiny. First Edition is matte. The difference is different printers. The First Edition printer was a disaster. There were problems with the glue on some of the maps out of the box (10%). Like 90%, pmine were fine. The problem ones were promptly replaced.

I have both editions (it's a zombie thing). I prefer the 2nd edition maps (slightly) and the 1st edition counters (slightly). And, that's a connoisseur's judgment call. I still use my 1st edition, it's still going strong.

If your 1st edition is cherry, it should not take a back seat to a 2nd edition copy. When 1st edition sold out, there was a demand for a reprint. The changes between the two are entirely due to changing printers. If the second printer had printed the 1st edition, and the first printer has printed the 2nd edition, you would have the same issue in reverse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
Nope. No difference in content. Same maps, same counters, same rulebook, same player aids, same scenarios, same search cards. Same, same, same.

There is s difference in components. EVERYTHING (box, maps, counters, cards, etc.) in Second Edition is shiny. First Edition is matte. The difference is different printers. The First Edition printer was a disaster. There were problems with the glue on some of the maps out of the box (10%). Like 90%, pmine were fine. The problem ones were promptly replaced.

I have both editions (it's a zombie thing). I prefer the 2nd edition maps (slightly) and the 1st edition counters (slightly). And, that's a connoisseur's judgment call. I still use my 1st edition, it's still going strong.

If your 1st edition is cherry, it should not take a back seat to a 2nd edition copy. When 1st edition sold out, there was a demand for a reprint. The changes between the two are entirely due to changing printers. If the second printer had printed the 1st edition, and the first printer has printed the 2nd edition, you would have the same issue in reverse.

How do I tell the difference, my maps look glossy though one of them is peeling along its edge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of Second Edition, it should be called Second Printing. The Second Printing box is distinctly glossy (which is impossible to see in shrink wrap). Side-by-side comparison (again, that I have both is a zombie thing), 1st Printing background art is grey-green, 2nd background art is more green. And that could just be a difference in color tone, they may not all be as distinct. I don't see another external difference. Inside, the 2nd printing counters and map are glossy, 1st printing are not. And, you might need to hold them side-by-side to tell the difference.

That's the point, there just isn't enough difference to matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2nd printing map is peeling along its edge, too, but it did not get worse since I bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.