Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mr. Krohn, you got a winner here. Kudos - plenty of little rules anyway, so I'm trying to settle them in a final view.

1. USA moves a unit in a hex adiacent to a not Used GER. GER roll a ProfCheck, success, so Op fires against the USA unit and became Used. Fire is unsuccessful, so USA continue his movement and enters the GER hex but GER has the chance to Final Op fire in the hex the USA unit is moving from because it is adiacent. It is this example correct?
2. Assault fire: USA rolls a MoraleCheck, success, moves, then tries to Assault fire, so rolls a ProfCheck, success, only then rolls for actual fire. It is example correct?
3. If morale is 10, no MoraleCheck roll is needed (automatic success)?
4. Op fire is allowed for not Used units only (either marked Op fire or not). Correct?
5. Final Op fire is allowed for Used units only. Correct?
6. If I mark a unit as Op fire, can I decide to move it in a following operation of the same turn? (If yes, I suppose that the Op fire marker goes away).
7. At the end of a turn, all Op fire marker disappear or remain?

Waiting for Ghost Panzers!

Regards,

Gabriele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I dont have my rulebook handy, so not 100% on this, but I think this is only allowed if the unit started the turn adjacent and their first movement is into the hex -- so for your example, no they could not FOF
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. not sure if that is a restriction, but it is how you'd always want to play it because FOF is less likely to succeed than OF
6. no
7. remove them during cleanup phase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Rzymkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
1. USA moves a unit in a hex adjacent to a not Used GER. GER roll a ProfCheck, success, so Op fires against the USA unit and became Used. Fire is unsuccessful, so USA continue his movement and enters the GER hex but GER has the chance to Final Op fire in the hex the USA unit is moving from because it is adjacent. It is this example correct?

No. There's one case where the GER in your example could fire at US trying to enter melee. If US started the turn adjacent to GER, then GER could Final-Op at the moment the US declare entering melee.

Quote:
2. Assault fire: USA rolls a MoraleCheck, success, moves, then tries to Assault fire, so rolls a ProfCheck, success, only then rolls for actual fire. It is example correct?

Yes. There is an optional rule though to merge the prof-check and fire-roll into one. Jim posted it somewhere here in the forums.
Quote:
You can roll, but every possible outcome is a success (so why roll?) :)
Quote:
4. Op fire is allowed for not Used units only (either marked Op fire or not). Correct?5. Final Op fire is allowed for Used units only. Correct?

Yes and yes.
Quote:
6. If I mark a unit as Op fire, can I decide to move it in a following operation of the same turn? (If yes, I suppose that the Op fire marker goes away).

No. Unit marked with op-fire can only op-fire. There's a possibility that they won't perform any action.
Quote:

Yes. Disappear with all the USED markers.

Quote:
Waiting for Ghost Panzers!

Me too! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you all! You are great.

A little nitpick about question 1:

1a. USA starts his turn adiacent to a GER unit. Question: only the GER adiacent to it can Op / Final Op fire in the hex it moves from, or any GER unit (fullfilling all the other requirements) can?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
Mr. Krohn, you got a winner here. Kudos - plenty of little rules anyway, so I'm trying to settle them in a final view.

1. USA moves a unit in a hex adiacent to a not Used GER. GER roll a ProfCheck, success, so Op fires against the USA unit and became Used. Fire is unsuccessful, so USA continue his movement and enters the GER hex but GER has the chance to Final Op fire in the hex the USA unit is moving from because it is adiacent. It is this example correct?

Just to make it straight: a squad can't fire during opponent's turn on the same hex twice. The german squad could fire on that hex with op fire (not sure about final) only if US squad started her turn adjacent to the german squad: she didnt so the US squad enters hex of german squad without further opposition.

Gwynor wrote:

It is correct. Rememember that assault fire has no proficiency modifiers for target being adjacent and in the open (in other words in assault fire you always use the full proficiency number). Also, the units gets marked used no matter she hit the target or not.

Gwynor wrote:

Yep no morale check needed.

Gwynor wrote:
4. Op fire is allowed for not Used units only (either marked Op fire or not). Correct?

Yep. Also, marked Op fire improves your chances to pass the required prof check.

Gwynor wrote:
5. Final Op fire is allowed for Used units only. Correct?

Yep. And you gotta be adjacent to the enemy to do it, unless you use command points!

Gwynor wrote:
6. If I mark a unit as Op fire, can I decide to move it in a following operation phase of the same turn? (If yes, I suppose that the Op fire marker goes away).

Nope. You can't move it any further during the turn in which you marked it OP fire.

Gwynor wrote:

All Op fire gets removed in the Recovery phase, along with USED markers and all suppressed units gets 1 degree of suppression off (unless they're in melee).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
Thank you all! You are great.

A little nitpick about question 1:

1a. USA starts his turn adiacent to a GER unit. Question: only the GER adiacent to it can Op / Final Op fire in the hex it moves from, or any GER unit (fullfilling all the other requirements) can?

Any German unit with LOS on that hex can Op fire, not only the adjacent German Squad . I'm not sure any unit could Final op on that hex. I assume you could but Im not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked some of my previuos posts. I wrapped my head around it and I say that you can fire on the hex a unit is starting moving from (if entering melee) only during Op. Fire. You can't do that during Final op. fire becaus the rulebook doesnt mention this option under the Final Op Fire section even if it states at the beginning of this section that Final op. fire is similar to Op. Fire.

I'm not 100% so i'd wait what designer has to say about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rule 9 (rulebook 1.1) states:

Op Fire (or Final Op Fire – see 9.) MAY be conducted at a moving
unit in the hex in which it began the turn ifthe first hex it would
enter is that of an enemy unit. It is subject to all the modifiers
that it normally would be, including moving in the open if that
hex is an open ground hex.

Typo apart (the 9. - should be 10. instead), the rule states that Final Op also can be executed on a adiacent-to-enemy unit "in the hex moving from".

So, a USA (or otherwise) is adiacent to a GER (or otherwise) at the beginning of the turn, one or more GER fire on units and are Used, then the mentioned USA moves in (any one) GER occupied hex and (any Used) GER Final Op fires on it (with or without CP accordingly) in the hex USA moves from.

Phew. It is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:
Rule 9 (rulebook 1.1) states:

Op Fire (or Final Op Fire – see 9.) MAY be conducted at a moving
unit in the hex in which it began the turn ifthe first hex it would
enter is that of an enemy unit. It is subject to all the modifiers
that it normally would be, including moving in the open if that
hex is an open ground hex.

Typo apart (the 9. - should be 10. instead), the rule states that Final Op also can be executed on a adiacent-to-enemy unit "in the hex moving from".

So, a USA (or otherwise) is adiacent to a GER (or otherwise) at the beginning of the turn, one or more GER fire on units and are Used, then the mentioned USA moves in (any one) GER occupied hex and (any Used) GER Final Op fires on it (with or without CP accordingly) in the hex USA moves from.

Phew. It is correct?

Yep. My mistake skipping the "also final op" in the paragraph mentioning when unit can fire on the hex where enemy units move from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just to make it straight: a squad can't fire during opponent's turn on the same hex twice.

TECHNICALLY I don't think this is true.

A US unit starts two hexes away from a GER unit. It moves adjacent and takes Op Fire (which it survives), moves away, and then moves back into the same hex. I believe that the GER unit can now Final Op Fire at the same hex it Op Fire'd at.

Not a likely sequence of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Quote:
Just to make it straight: a squad can't fire during opponent's turn on the same hex twice.

TECHNICALLY I don't think this is true.

A US unit starts two hexes away from a GER unit. It moves adjacent and takes Op Fire (which it survives), moves away, and then moves back into the same hex. I believe that the GER unit can now Final Op Fire at the same hex it Op Fire'd at.

Not a likely sequence of course.

ooook. I meant when it enters the hex and leaves it: of course the moving squad can get shot again if, further in her movement phase, comes back to the same hex! I owe you one! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Point two
My set came with two different coloured dice so I roll both at the same time.
If the first die succeeds then read the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.