Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb

Throughout Chinese History there have been four women who have captured the hearts of the people. These women had such great beauty that none could fail to recognize it. But they weren't just good looking, they were also clever, and each of them accomplished something great.

They defeated tyrants, they united warring states, they orchestrated assassinations of the cruel and evil so that the benevolent could rise to power, and sometimes, they died for their causes.

Many of the Chinese people believe in reincarnation; these four beauties could roam the world again now. Then again, so could their enemies. Here, the four beauties and their rivals have transcended time and space to once again do battle.

Will you be a beauty and dazzle men with your looks and wits? Will you be an evil Emperor who will rule this empire with such power that the women, no matter how beautiful, will find it impossible to stop you? Will you sit idly by and watch the fight rage on? Or will you join the four beauties and become beautiful yourself? At least on the inside.

Try your skill at these tasks here and now. Welcome to Ancient China.

Team Good:

Xi Shi: The Beautiful Spy - (Seer) Will view every night and be told of her target (wolf/not wolf)
Xi Shi's beauty was said to be so extreme that while leaning over a balcony to look at the fish in the pond, the fish would be so dazzled that they forgot to swim and gradually sunk away from the surface. When King Fuchai of Wu made Xi Shi's state of Yue a tributary to Wu, she became a spy for Yue. She used her charms to distract King Fuchai of Wu from properly managing state affairs, weakening Wu until he could be defeated.

Wang Zhaojun - The peacemaker - (Bodyguard) Must choose someone to protect each evening. She can not choose herself. She can not protect the same person on consecutive night. If the person she protects is targeted for NK there will be no NK.

Wang Zhoujun is said to have been so beautiful and musically gifted that when birds in the sky saw her beauty and hear her music they would forget to flap their wings and fall from the sky.

When she joined the Emperor's harem, Wang Zhaojun refused to bribe the court artist to paint her portrait in a flattering light as the other girls did. He made her ugly in the painting and so the emperor never selected her. Later, in political negotiations the Emperor gave a harem girl to another state and selfishly chose from the portraits the plainest girl, who happened to be this woman of extraordinary beauty and talent. As a result the relations between the nations improved drastically and Wang Zhoujun became known as the peacemaker.

Diaochan - More Radiant than the Moon - (Passive Priest) While Diaochan is alive, the game will be full role reveal. After she is dead it will be alignment reveal only. Further, if she is dead, the tinker will reveal as "evil" and the unpromoted wolf cub will reveal as "good."

The Moon was said to hide in embarrassment when Diaochan was out at night. Her beauty was such that she could easily manipulate men to fight over her, and she did. She used her charms to set Lu Bu against Emperor Dong Zhou which allowed Wang Yun rise to power and become "Minister over the Masses"

Yang Guifei - With a face more beautiful than all the flowers - (Self-Sacrificer) Once per game, Yang Guifei can decide there will be no NK, she will die this evening instead.

Yang Guifei was the beloved consort of Emperor Xuanzong. In her time at court she was the center of much merriment and happiness. She was renowned for her beauty and her humor and used both to gain favors for friends and allies from the Emperor who loved her dearly.

During the An Lushan Rebellion as she and the emperor fled, his guards demanded he death, claiming the rebellion could be traced back to her family. The emperor, loving her, initially refused but when it became clear the guards themselves would revolt he had no choice. In order to stop the conflict, Yang Guifei was executed, and left in an unmarked graved. But secretly, the Emperor retrieved her body and had her buried in a place of honor. He mourned her for the rest of his days.

Dong Shi - Xi Shi's Opposite - (Unaware Tinker) If viewed by Xi Shi will appear as "wolf." Dong Shi will also reveal as "evil" if Diaochan is not alive at the time of her death.

Poor Dong Shi. As Xi Shi is regarded one of the most beautiful women in Chinese history, Dong Shi is regarded as one of the ugliest. She is not evil, but sometimes people are quick to pass judgement. Without Diaochan to speak for her, Dong Shi may find no love even in death.

4 Villagers - Lovers of Beauty - No Special Powers

Team Evil

King Fuchai of Wu – The Spied Upon - (Wolf)

King Fuchai took his advisers' advice last time and made peace with the King of Yue only to allow him to send that damn spy Xi Shi to him. This time he will not be so timid. He should have annexed Yue the first time. This time he'll simply execute all resistance.

Dong Zhou - The Tyrant - (Wolf)

Dong Zhou allowed himself to be manipulated by Diaochan once, pitting himself up against Lu Bu, who was eventually forced to flee anyhow. This time he will be patient. He will not be manipulated. He might even kill Lu Bu. Though perhaps he will be more faithful to a common cause this time.

Lu Bu – The Betrayer - Wolf cub promoted only when Dong Zhou dies. Reveals as "good" if he dies while unpromoted and if Diaochan is dead. Is brutal as long as Diaochan is alive.

Lu Bu knows he was manipulated last time; he couldn't help it. Diaochan was so beautiful and convincing. And now she is here again. His blood boils when he seer her and hell, he just might kill for her again. This time he'll pick the target though. Last time went poorly for him.

Mao Shaoyuan – Court Artist – (Tough Witch) Each night may target someone and stop them from using their night action. May not target the same person two consecutive nights.

Mao Shaoyuan is used to getting his way through his art. An unflattering portrait can stop anyone from having much power. It worked for a time on Wang Zhoujun, if only she had never been seen in person he'd still be alive. Well this time he won't limit himself to harem girls, no one who would stop his ambitions is safe. Everyone will look like Dong Shi if he has any say in it.

Random Rules:
Ties decided by LHLV.
Game starts when full.
Game does not run over the weekend.
Do not post the contents of your mod chat to the thread.
Coding of claims is not permitted.
Simple conditional orders are allowed.
If you want to ask the mods a question in the thread post it in red or ask in your modchat.
You may not make out of game promises to other players in order to try and influence their actions.
Absolutely no zombie or ninja posts allowed.
Players who do not make a post from game start to first lynch will be replaced.
Players absent from any DAWN until DUSK will also be replaced.
No quitting. When you signup, you commit to play. Do so.
"Replace" is only to be used in the case of a real life circumstance affecting your ability to be here.

Team Recap:
Goods
1 Seer
1 Bodyguard
1 Passive Priest
1 Self-Sacrificer (see above)
1 Unaware Tinker
4 Villagers

Evils
2 Wolves
1 Special Wolf Cub
1 Tough Witch

Dawn and Dusk:
Lynch: 9:00pm (votes timestamped 9:01 or later will not be counted).
Night Orders Due: 10:00pm (Orders timestamped 10:01 or later will not be counted).
Posting at night is allowed.
Please do not post in the time between Dusk and the results as well as in the time between Dawn and the results.

Victory Conditions:
Good: All good aligned players will win when all the Wolves are killed.
Evil: All evil aligned players will win when parity is reached. The Wolves and promoted Cub count towards parity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Four Great Beauties (of Ancient China)
Player List According to Cassandra:
dbmurph22
jageroxorz
jamgar
Merkowitz
miraria
mylittlepwny
ohgrande
precis_neumann
Sharv 2.0
sydwys8
Urza47
zd00
ZenMonkey11

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8910...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join.

You cannot resist the beauties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol at Dong Shi, that picture and role are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
lol at Dong Shi, that picture and role are awesome.

So join. Maybe you'll get to be her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for joining murph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hilo. Aw well what the hay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll look into this one after MitV2 is done (or I'm done).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
Join.

You cannot resist the beauties.

I could not resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at all of the beautiful players! Wooo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More than halfway! w00t! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs more beauties!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:
Needs more beauties!

Some people are joining without commenting. We are garnering beauties - and evil emperors too. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:
Needs more beauties!

I joined!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9pm BGG = 3am for me. Sad times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
precis_neumann wrote:

Meh, you can't always play games with a perfect lynch time. You just do the best you can while you are here. I join games with bad lynch times all the time (in fact, now that I live in China, pretty much all lynch times are bad. laugh

I know that not everyone thinks like me though. I'm just saying, if you want to play, I think you should. Lynch absence be damned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the witch tough. I think he is very much needed for evil to balance out goods powers, especially since there is no sorc actively looking for the seer.

Do you guys think this slants the game too much for evil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
precis_neumann wrote:

Meh, you can't always play games with a perfect lynch time. You just do the best you can while you are here. I join games with bad lynch times all the time (in fact, now that I live in China, pretty much all lynch times are bad. laugh

I know that not everyone thinks like me though. I'm just saying, if you want to play, I think you should. Lynch absence be damned.

有朋自遠方來,不亦樂乎?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Four Great Beauties (of Ancient China) - 4 more beauties needed.
Only FOUR spots left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
I made the witch tough. I think he is very much needed for evil to balance out goods powers, especially since there is no sorc actively looking for the seer.

Hmm. I'm against tough auxes generally, but the witch is definitely needed, otherwise the seer can survive for three nights after claiming. Making the witch tough is one way of stopping that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:

Hmm. I'm against tough auxes generally, but the witch is definitely needed, otherwise the seer can survive for three nights after claiming. Making the witch tough is one way of stopping that.

Yeah, I was in a game not too long ago where good had some poweful overlapping powers and I (the witch) Got NKd night one. It was awful. Without the witch to interrupt the plans, the seer could hypothetically claim and survive for several more days guaranteed.

I think this tough is good. It stops the wolves from NKing their only real aux, and if the village finds and really wants to dispose of the witch they have to spend time lynching him twice instead of wolf-hunting. I think it balances out a pretty powerful good team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Four Great Beauties (of Ancient China) - 3 more beauties needed.
So will there be a side game of Mah Jong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:

There can be. I see mahjohng rooms here and they are always packed. Gambling illegal but there always seems to be a pile of money nearby. It's weird. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
Urza47 wrote:

There can be. I see mahjohng rooms here and they are always packed. Gambling illegal but there always seems to be a pile of money nearby. It's weird. whistle

Speaking of, a bar around here has a poker night, and since gambling is illegal they work it like this.

For 100yuan, you can play poker. You get 50 chips and 2 drinks (drinks are normally about 35 yuan there - it is an expensive bar). If you bust out, you can rebuy until midnight. After midnight there are no more buy-ins and and then, whomever is left will all the chips at the end of the night gets a series of gift certificates to the bar/restaurant for the total value of all the buy-ins.

Last week I played poker.

I now have 1200 yuan in bar credit. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.