Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luc Jacobs
Belgium
Lichtaart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo Conquest (My 4th Solo Game)"Full Cooperation.
My Hero "Goldyx" and a dummy player (Tovak)

No variations, A success with the barely minimum of 45 points.
Why this post? I needed every card in my deck in the last turn of the last round (Night).

It started a few turns before where a Dragon was in between me and the white city.

I had all my units available, just conquered the Blue City (5) during daytime, where I bought the spell Demolish / disintegrate. Went to the Monastery to buy some advanced action.
Then Night started while I was in the Monastery.
Not sure if I remember every turn except the last and the one before last, but this how it went ...
The LAST NIGHT.
Turn 1: Draw +2 City + 2 Keeps + 7 = 11 Cards.
Used some move points to explore a tile: (1 left)
1. The white city with a swamp Dragon in front of me!
Killing the Dragon would leave me with the Lake? I could use Goldyx special movement? Why not lay the last tile? So I'm using a blue crystal for 4 movement, with the fly skill in mind (2 move left).
No good road around, so I decide to use the Goldyx skill to fly over the dragon into the unknown defense of the White city (8). Hoping I can kill all 4 at once.
A Guardsmen, 2 Freezers and a Gunner ...
Checking my hand cards and units, I can only kill 3 ... Then only because they get + 1 Block from the White City, otherwise I could have just made it. Cost me more than 30 minutes to check all the possibilities. Lucky, I plaid alone, so no boring time for the other player.
I used a Doubled "Crushing Bolt" with Maximal effect giving me 6 Siege, which would have been enough to kill the gunner, if no the city gave him +1. I could not add a card for +1, so used the Redcape Monks +3. Used the Ice Monks and a catapult (all Ice Attack) to kill one Freezer. The second, I killed in some other way gulp. So I had to block a little, took a damage etc ...
The Guardsmen standing! angry
Oh, I sacrificed the amulet of sun (3 sun tokens) to save crystals. A very useful artifact!

REDRAW: ... stupid Dragon ... ONE DAMAGE
I still had the "Disintegrate" with Mana available ... IN MY DECK SOMEWHERE.

Possibly missed a turn here, I believe to buy "song of wind" in the Monastery or some other card and had the "song of wind" still in my deck.
Anyhow, next turn ... cards with song of wind, but no "DISINTEGRATE"!
Couldn't go around the Dragon, 2 Cards left in my deck. Ah, have heal or draw 2 for one green mana ... So I draw, Disintegrate the dragon (one black and a red crystal).
LAST TURN:
See the picture:
Song of Wind: White + Blue(left that in the middle of excitement, but's in my storage, so no cheating): WALKING ACROSS THE LAKES ... going in the city. I took me another 1/2 hour before I could see the possibility.
The sideway's skill from Tovak !
Fortified Guardsmen! Needed 14 damage! Correction 2a:Make that 16, 2X(7+1) from the city. If we keep the mistake for sake of the Thrilling effect ...

Correction 1a: It's only now, writing this session report I'm noticing, I only need 7 ! blushCorrection 2b: So 8 (+1 from city)

Rage: 4
Determination: 2
Rage: 2
+ 2 Range during Night (SKILL)
+ 3 cards whereof 2 for 1 and 1 for 2 (Sideway's skill)=4
= 14 Damage !
And so conquered all 3 city's.

Correction 1b: Not sure, but I believe I would not have manage to get the 8 needed (7 +1 from the city) in my first attack.
whistle Then I see, my 14 should have been 14 + 1 (for the City).
Correction 2c: Make that 16, 2X(7+1) from the city. If we keep the mistake for sake of the Thrilling effect ...

Anyhow, it was a Thrilling sensation.
I will video next session, to track back "ALL" my mistakes.
However, I'm sure I didn't make to much. Since I couldn't finish last night, I completed the last 2 turns this morning, before having coffee and the Monster was on TOP.shake
+ 3 Fame took me exactly at the maximum of the board: 119 !

LOVE the game, perfect for SOLO!
Despite the mistake, I still won!
Possibly next week, I'l try it as 2 players!
Maybe no boring time for the other player, keeping an eye on me not making mistakes.
We'll see if we video (a 4 hours video ?) cool
Anyhow, then I have to subtitle it in English? Could be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Iliamel wrote:
It is a great experience to beat the game but I am truly sorry to rain on your parade.

You get to increase your hand with either your City bonus (which is 2 in solo) or your Keep bonus (number of conquered keeps), whichever is greater and not both. Furthermore, you have to be on or adjacent to the site in question to benefit from the increased hand. Refer to End of Turn, 7b, p. 9, Rulebook (2nd print).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Jacobs
Belgium
Lichtaart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebbie wrote:
Iliamel wrote:
It is a great experience to beat the game but I am truly sorry to rain on your parade.

You get to increase your hand with either your City bonus (which is 2 in solo) or your Keep bonus (number of conquered keeps), whichever is greater and not both. Furthermore, you have to be on or adjacent to the site in question to benefit from the increased hand. Refer to End of Turn, 7b, p. 9, Rulebook (2nd print).

Forgot that I remember, I've been applying that correctly.
That probably would have made a difference.
Ok, we try again soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it sounds like you use the Goldyx flight ability to move directly into the city for an attack. The Flight ability can only move you to an empty space.

There's also something wrong with the shape of your Wedge map. And why are there 3 Cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
There's also something wrong with the shape of your Wedge map. And why are there 3 Cities?
He is playing the Full Cooperation scenario (meant for 2-3, p. 16, Rulebook) as a solo adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing alone, I also make a few rules mistakes. It gets late, I get tired, and the board position gets really complicated . . .

Mistakes or no, I liked this report. This was a very exciting game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Talese
United States
Horsham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job and Mage Knight is best for feeling like you actually accomplished something in game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Jacobs
Belgium
Lichtaart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
Also, it sounds like you use the Goldyx flight ability to move directly into the city for an attack. The Flight ability can only move you to an empty space.

Ok, I thought safe space.
In theory, his not flying in, but flying to the space of the city to start a siege attackyuk
In the movies, Dragons also fly into the City or Keep to attack and Goldyx is far family from Dragons!

... Just jocking ...

I was a fun game, though.
Next time better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
Iliamel wrote:
Faranim wrote:

Ok, I thought safe space.
In theory, his not flying in, but flying to the space of the city to start a siege attackyuk
In the movies, Dragons also fly into the City or Keep to attack and Goldyx is far family from Dragons!

... Just jocking ...

I was a fun game, though.
Next time better.

It was fun, that is the important part. My most exciting game included doing a super combo of attacks with units, spells and skills to wipe out the city and one turn later I realized I forgot to apply the +1 armor to all tokens in the city... but as I already had moved on, I decided to keep playing...

Mage knight is an awesome game but the amount of small details and exceptions to the rules makes makes it frustrating sometimes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
aurax wrote:

It was fun, that is the important part. My most exciting game included doing a super combo of attacks with units, spells and skills to wipe out the city and one turn later I realized I forgot to apply the +1 armor to all tokens in the city... but as I already had moved on, I decided to keep playing...

Mage knight is an awesome game but the amount of small details and exceptions to the rules makes makes it frustrating sometimes

I guess it's almost impossible to play an errorfree game, but as you say the important part is to have fun with it.

As far as I'm concerned he won the game fair and square. Of course there have been some mistakes... but if that's a criterion to call this game lost then I guess no one ever wins this game ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.