Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules state that a point of morale is lost whenever a strength point is lost. If a unit is destroyed because it is not able to retreat to a legally allowed location, does this count against that side for morale purposes.

2. The rules say that units cannot retreat to a space if the retreat would cause the space to exceed its capacity. They also mention that you can split up a retreating force into several spaces. If one has 5 units in a neighboring 9 capacity space and you had 10 units to retreat, could you retreat 4 units into that space and lose any additional retreating troops or would you lose all the troops as a retreat to that space would cause the space to exceed its capacity.

Both of these situations arose in a pratice game that I played solo last night in an attempt to get the rules down. I was so excessively tentative with the Austrians that they got jammed up upon one another in the spaces directly in front of their entrance road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
1. Yes. A 1 strength unit that was eliminated because it was unable to retreat lowers that side's Morale by 1; a 2 strength unit would lower it by 2; etc.

2. If the 9-capacity locale were the only available adjacent locale to which you could retreat, four of the ten units could retreat there. The remaining six would be eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Garry's answers are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Garry for the responses and thanks to Bowen for confirming them. I had an idea that those would be the answers but I wanted to know for sure.

I look forward to the opportunity to play the game against an opponent in the near future. It's great to see a designer support his game as actively as you have been doing in this rules folder.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.