Subject: Solo playability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
I'll have to check the LnL solitaire module when it comes out, but if it is licensed from AG, then it is probably the same thing.

Quote:
I'd also point out that the best AI I know off is the one from Labyrinth, the GMT board game. It's flowchart-based, but because of hidden information, it's not predictable.
I agree. My Space Empires AI is the same way and it is pretty good.

Quote:
However, it comes at a hefty cost: it takes me sometimes a few minutes to figure out the correct AI action for a turn, and if I spend more time reading charts than playing my turn, it quickly becomes a drag.
I'm glad you made that point. It is a good reminder for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Academy Games system was created a against a background of CoH being solitairable as it stood, but the constant back and forth between the impulse track of both players as each slice of action was played was disruptive enough to drive down the pleasure of solitaire play .... so the creation of their system, which is administrative looks good against a system that was already administrative and people seemed to like it.

But of the videos I have watched, the AI system as a stand alone mechanic doesn't seem that much fun to me, it still looks process heavy rather than intuitive.

In my world I do some face-to-face and a lot of solo and yet I would still prefer to do BoB as it stands solitaire, rather than have an AG based AI system. The biggest natural barrier that I find to solitaire play are the dummies - I wish every scenario printed that includes them had a variant rule to trade them out for another advantage or bit of kit, that would really help solitaire play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |