United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you loop up more than once? I am guessing that you cannot. If you could loop anytime, that would negate the reason to have to ever have to play lower value cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Looping is a one time event on any battlefield. So, if you need to have 4 cards descending and start with a 5 (The Dwarf) and the next card you play is your 10 (The Monk) you have looped (played a card higher than the last card in the descending chain). Therefore you may now only play 9,8,7, and 6 as your last 2 cards and if you were to try and play the 6 before another number it is not allowed as you could not finish the battle.

Keep in mind, only Battlefields with the Arrow icon require the combatants to be played in descending order, and therefore offer Looping. A Shield or Set icon Battlefield allows the player to play cards in any order(Sets being the same number, you cannot add any no-set or required warrior to a Set location once you establish the Set).

Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy the game.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
An easy way that I've found to explain the looping is to think of it as a clock face. You can start at any number, but you can't go past the number you start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Ken, That is a pretty clear way to explain it.

Thanks

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I thought that too but just wanted to make sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Heading out to a game session and wanted to make sure I had everything down before I teach this! Definitely how I would explain it (as a math geek).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.