Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Just wondering for those that have the coins, how many are you typically needing to use these as replacement coins in other games? This is going to be expensive for me to order from the UK so am trying to figure out how many i need to order at most.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them for my role playing group and ordered 200 of each. Of course, I spent one night crying after looking at my credit card account soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I use them for my role playing group and ordered 200 of each. Of course, I spent one night crying after looking at my credit card account soblue

I hope you at least liked them then!

I dont's role play so only looking to replace boardgame money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
They look and feel great. And my players simply love them meeple

Using them as a replacement for boardgame money has one disadvantage - Realm Coins come three denominations only - gold, silver and copper. But on the other hand, that should work with most games.

To answer your original question: Just count the number of "1"s in your favorite board games and order that many copper, silver and gold pieces. That should suffice, I think.

But let's think that through: In a six player game, if you use denominations of 1, 10 and 50 (e.g. for Power Grid), you'd need 9x6 copper pieces. If you use them as 1, 5 and 10, you'd need only 4x6 copper pieces for a 6 player game. And be sure to order a few reserves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.