Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Luftschiff to be a game where I like to record what happens while I'm playing through a game session. This lets me read back an enjoyable story about what happen in a sort of narrative form.

Just wondering if anyone else does (suffers) this level of pedanticism by logging their play at this level? If so, how are you doing your records? I ask because I'm looking to improve mine.

For anyone interested, my way uses a shamefully formatted spreadsheet with the following columns:

Turn #:

Territory: M/H (Marine or Hostile)

Situation #: What I rolled on the situation die (I enter 'X' if I card was flipped / I choose the card rather than wait)

Situation card description / effect:

Clouds @: 1x = 1000mtrs, 3x = 3000mtrs, etc.. (might be multiple on board at same time)

Crew/Location/Tasks: list only the crew that moved or did a task and it's effect eg: Crew 'M' shovel snow +1, Crew 'PP' change elevator to -2, Crew 'S' moved to Cell 11 / fixed leak

Leaks/Damage: record any cells that leaked / empty or hit from aricraft

Speed / Wind Effect: 4/0 = speed 4 with no wind / 5 with circle around it/-1 = speed 5 and is overspeed for Zep rating and there is a slight headwind.

Static Lift: 4 signed values of each section of the Zep and the elevator effect. eg: +3+3+1-6/+1 = Sections A, B, C, D / Elevator

Inertia: What my momentum is using the above statis lift, eg +100mts

Alt Density / Auto Values: any step modifications for these events, eg: going from 900m to 1100mtr, I'd record as: 0-1V0-1A. Dropping back to 900 would be 000+1A

Altitude: Actual altitude of Zep on the board at end of turn.

All up, my cryptic line of crap for a single turn is shown below. I will make the following point though. My trying to shorten everything to almost obscurity is primarily done in the attempt to record all activity in a turn, (with the exception of any aircraft buzzing the Zep) recorded on one line for rereading at the end of the game.

M
1/x
PetrolBurn-1 (+1 Lift)
2x/3x
(M)Fire aircaft/miss || (S)B Keel / CEll 9 repaired
Cell 11 & 4 Leak
4/+3
+60-6-4/+3
00+1A0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Wow! Fairly obsessive. It's a great game, and there is certainly a 'journey' involved with each scenario.

For my part, I only track the missions, wins/losses/vp's etc...

I do have a space for notes, mostly used to chronicle which enemy fighters are responsible for a particular zep's demise.

You should try B-17: Queen of the Skies , you could write a book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you upload your spreadsheet file to BGG? I think fans would find it helpful, I know I would. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
File has been uploaded just now for you to gaze in wonder at it's mostly blank pages. (I added an instruction page though.) Happy to take feedback on it though as I found it tough to squeeze that much information on 1 line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Grady
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam, most useful. Yes, I am another of those pedantic gamers that records everything and likes to make it all a narrative. Doesn't matter if its Patton's Best, B-17, Ambush or whatever. I love the theme of games and this is how I really get into it - first by almost anal recording then narrative writing. I even did a narrative for a small campaign of "Toe to Toe Nu'klr War with the Rooskies"!

http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/target-omsk.html
http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/target-27th-guards...
http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/target-urals.html
http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/target-moscow.html

I just got Luftschiff, so I'm looking forward to doing something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you do get around to it (if not, use this) it'd be great to learn how you overcame the recording such a large amount of data per turn.

Once I get my records in order, I'd love to do a short animated side scrolling animated gif or something that goes through my turns as shown on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.