Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen other forum messages about Plaid Hat games and their outstanding customer service but today I got to experience it myself.

I have been trying to get the game ready for Christmas and have been painting the miniatures (poorly I might add ) and last night finally sat down to sleeve the cards. I noticed some of the cards had an indentation on them and one had a right angle crease that looked like it could have been from something heavy sitting on it.

I wrote to Plaid Hat games and provided the details of the damaged cards. Because I believed there was a possibility that the damage was my fault I requested information on how to purchase new cards. Instead of receiving a generic response email, which would have been fine, I received an email from the CEO Colby Dauch offering to replace the cards.

All I can say is amazing. I have been saving for Mice and Mystics as a Christmas present and this email message made my whole Christmas season. It is rare to find this kind of customer service and I for one am very impressed.

I made a similar request to another company in the past because of damaged components that were obvious manufacturing defects and never received a response to my email..Nothing at all..not even a computer generated message! Great games + great game company = loyal customer. A simple formula that other game companies could learn from.

Happy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant to post something as well as I just received my new copy of a promo card the other day in the mail. One of my original promos got pretty messed up in shipping and Colby handled the replacement himself and it arrived in a hard plastic sleeve for protection.

Bravo, bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Poulsen
United States
Boise
Id
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colby is great. It seems like he works really hard and has a dedication to great, personal customer service. My copy of Mice & Mystics came without either a spider or a centipede mini, and they've since been provided to me at no charge and very quickly.

Great service and amazing products are why I'm a Plaid Hat fan, and why I show off and recommend Summoner Wars to literally anyone who'll listen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Cowdog
United States
Lucas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll second that! I was missing part of one mini (got the base, but not the mini ON the base). I emailed the company this morning and in less than an hour I got a) a reply from Colby that they'd send me another one) and b) a tracking code for the package that is on its way.

Well done, Colby! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great experience too. My promo cards were damaged and Colby sent me replacements. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Mice and Mystics to Discussing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved from Mice and Mystics to Discussing Retailers

Except this isn't really about a retailer, it's about a publisher...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup but you'll find the convention is these sorts of threads go here.

I could have moved it to the publishers forum but that would have made it less visible. This way it ends up on the front page - credit where credit is due.

I agree the forum should be renamed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.