Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Slant-Clear-Acrylic-Holder/dp/B...

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas how a slanted item like this might be utilized for a PnP game.

I originally thought it would be great for something like Utopia Engine but I don't know whether you could use a dry erase on the surface of it.

If nothing else, it might be cool for displaying a neat map, or possibly for a player aid if you're trying to save table space.

Any other suggestions or ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it'd be great to display a large Player Aid without taking up that much table space.

I see these things (they come in smaller sizes also) at thrift shops for 79c-$2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
A must for a wargamer with small space to play on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
I originally thought it would be great for something like Utopia Engine but I don't know whether you could use a dry erase on the surface of it.

You could use that for Utopia Engine. In fact, I think it would make a great adventure sheet holder. Dry erase markers work on acrylic just as well as glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've contemplated using something like this to hold various Arkham Horror related things. For instance the Ancient One sheet (but that would require some way of holding Doom Tokens on the Doom Track that is printed on the AO's sheet) or for holding current conditions such as the Limit cards from Miskatonic or the current Environment.

But I never really found a satisfactory way of doing any of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mccrispy wrote:
I've contemplated using something like this to hold various Arkham Horror related things...

You could glue some "shelves" on the outside. I just saw something like this for the Power Grid market - edit found it (PDF). You'll have to look around for a picture of the final 3-D version.

For pieces that can roll (like Arkham Horror discs, IIRC), you could have a curved (upward) shelf made of foam or posterboard. Pieces would roll toward the middle, if at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes in wargames they have offboard maps which are used for hidden movement or plotting Artillery strikes etc. They must be hidden from the other player so this stand up item would be good for this mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
I've contemplated using something like this to hold various Arkham Horror related things...

You could glue some "shelves" on the outside. I just saw something like this for the Power Grid market - edit found it (PDF). You'll have to look around for a picture of the final 3-D version.

For pieces that can roll (like Arkham Horror discs, IIRC), you could have a curved (upward) shelf made of foam or posterboard. Pieces would roll toward the middle, if at all.
That might work. You got me thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.