Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just picked up the game and have two questions regarding combat, couldn't find definitive answers in the rules books but I may have just missed them.

When fighting a marauding enemy I fight them from a space adjacent to them. If I defeat them do I stay in my adjacent space or do I move to the space they occupied?

When fighting an enemy with summon the rule book says to use the summoned monster for the block/attack phase. If I defeat the summoned monster does that count as defeating the monster which used summon or do I still have to fight that monster after the fact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not move into the maurauding enemy's space.

You only do the block and assign damage phase of the summoned monster, and do nothing to defeat it (i.e. you ignore it's armor, resistances, etc.)

Then during the attack face, you need to defeat the enemy that summoned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't move.

The summoned monster is discarded after block/attack(from monster), no fame. When you attack you will target on summoner.

edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, I had a feeling I didn't move but wanted to make sure and that makes a lot more sense in regards to the summoned monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wootsick
United States
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to the summoned monster; the summoner can be defeated via siege (and if able - ranged) attacks before the summoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for that extra tidbit, didn't even think of that. I've only played the walk through campaign once so far, so I'm sure I'll get used to the order of how things resolve after a few more plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't get, maybe check out one of the game play video series. It really helps to get a good feel of the flow of the game.

Box of Delights
Paul Grogan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.