Subject: Old time French grenadiers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the fun (if I may).

The French allways had a bigger mouth than the number of victories ... But they are in my heart like Michel Simon (the actor in the vidéo): "No god nor queen but Freedom or death!". I like the chorus: "On va leur percer le flanc! Ha c'que nous allons rire!" Meaning "We'll drill their flank! Ha! The way we'll laught!" Crazy guys for crazy times. Those must have all die at Waterloo because I don't recognize the modern French style! Thoses old blocks were completly MAD! LOL!

HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t_1SaN0h34

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine singing, but what an odd scene. One volley and the attack runs away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did they expect to "drill the (enemy's) flank" when they attacked their enemy's front? Must be some sort of French idiom, or perhaps a reconnaissance failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL

1) An old movie. Just take it easy & light!
2) I badly translated a word: let's say "ribs" instead of "flank" (lol)!
3) OK you didn't get it in french but in fact they disobey. They had been told to wait for orders before attacking this strong point.
4) A fiction light story through a real historical battle.
5) There is more than one volley but I had the same reaction. By the way: What about us (Kevin, GG and everybody) under this kind of volley?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GGleize wrote:

3) OK you didn't get it in french but in fact they disobey. They had been told to wait for orders before attacking this strong point.
I don't have any trouble reading French, but following it verbally is hard: if only French people spoke with subtitles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yop: this was a "funny" song they used while attacking. Those strange hussards & grenadiers laughting and joking while attacking (numerosous witness) really desappeared from my country. Maybe it's a luck ... maybe not. Anyway someone said: "We, civilisations, we know now that we are not eternal!".

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.